Paul Cook turns down short term contract with Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

I would say its a wise idea, and if PC is as good as we all hope, then there is no way on earth he wouldn’t get a longer contract at the end of the season.

So the mess we're in right now six points adrift with a squad that would struggle to stay in league one we give a four month contract to a new manager so if we go down he gets the blame. Brilliant. If we do go down we'll regret not getting Cook even more. 

4 minutes ago, Kameron said:

And you can only get promoted if your the actual manager of a football club.

I don't really get your point pal, every manager gets the sack somewhere and not every manager has had success more than once. The situation we are in makes it challenging to get what we would see as a decent manager so we are in the bargain basement and I think Cook is at the top end of that market.

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

So the mess we're in right now six points adrift with a squad that would struggle to stay in league one we give a four month contract to a new manager so if we go down he gets the blame. Brilliant. If we do go down we'll regret not getting Cook even more. 

If he’s going to take us down then there is no point recruiting him, stay as we are.

If he’s good and can keep us up, then a short term contract wouldn’t phase him.

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

If he’s going to take us down then there is no point recruiting him, stay as we are.

If he’s good and can keep us up, then a short term contract wouldn’t phase him.

So we get relegated, no manager, spend most of pre season looking for a manager squad not sorted out, no signings or plan for following season. Yep thats the road to nowhere. 

Guest whowantstoberich
5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

So we get relegated, no manager, spend most of pre season looking for a manager squad not sorted out, no signings or plan for following season. Yep thats the road to nowhere. 

Cross that bridge when we come to it.

You dont recruit a manager to take you up, before you’re relegated. Do you? 

Need to have some sort of long term planning because with no planning if the probable does happen which magician is bringing this team back up? Should’ve made an investment in cook and seen what happens.

because we know what will happen without a manager for much longer.. certain relegation.

There is simply no limit to the incompetence shown by DC.

We should be looking to make the best appointment we can. We should then be looking to implement a survival plan and an equally important backup plan in the event (as looks likely) that we are relegated. 

Its like so many other aspects of the club, we are in no-man's-land, bereft of leadership. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Maybe that's the reason why he's only been offered a contract to the end of the season. Just a thought.

I mean I'm aware of that, but maybe we should have appointed correctly in the first place.

Edited by Gob_Bluth

7 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Cross that bridge when we come to it.

You dont recruit a manager to take you up, before you’re relegated. Do you? 

So what now after tonights sh... it show then sherlock, are you another Chansiri advisor?