Paul Cook turns down short term contract with Sheffield Wednesday

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Cardiff offered him the job, if reports are to be believed.

For the same reason allegedly, might be waiting a while to walk into an 18-month+ contract at this level in the current climate. 

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we get relegated, Paul Cook would be a pretty handy manager to have in League One though, wouldn't he?

If he took us down he should be on his bike, not rewarded with a 1yr con ..tract.

He won't get a better offer this season anyway..

What sort of confidence vote for your potential new manager is offering him a 4 month contract, the only person open to that sort of deal is a interim in our case Thompson. Chansiri the master of total balls ups. 

23 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

You're not putting your reputation on the line for all the reasons you've mentioned above. Get it right, you're a genius, get it wrong then your hands were tied.

Bang on

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'll be honest, I can't.

If the worst happens and we are in League One next season, you know who'd be great to have at the helm?

Paul Cook.

Agree, yes, and he’d probably offered a contract to attempt that. Suppose DC might be wary of offering something longer, in case we somehow manage to stop up, but yet are not convincing. He then might have a plan to take things in a totally new direction. 

Just now, sherlyegg said:

If he took us down he should be on his bike, not rewarded with a 1yr con ..tract.

He won't get a better offer this season anyway..

If we wind up in League One, then whoever manages us for the next four months will be behind several others when it comes to culpability.

Starting a new season in League One, I can't think of many better managers to have in charge than Cook, to be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Starting a new season in League One, I can't think of many better managers to have in charge than Cook, to be honest.

We have a decent chance of avoiding relegation.

If it goes apeshyte under cook, he should be sacked...anyone else would.

Nothing against him...definitely not an 18mth contract though at this stage

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I wasn't meaning they didn't look straight past him, I was meaning they maybe rated him the same as we did.

Are you suggesting that neither club really rate him?

It would seem strange to offer the job to somebody if that's the case, wouldn't it?

Especially in a situation as dire as ours, and after the chairman spoke about the need to make the 'right' appointment this time around.

I can see why Cook might find such an offer unappealing, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are you suggesting that neither club really rate him?

It would seem strange to offer the job to somebody if that's the case, wouldn't it?

Especially in a situation as dire as ours, and after the chairman spoke about the need to make the 'right' appointment this time around.

I can see why Cook might find such an offer unappealing, though.

It would appear that both clubs rate him for a short term tenure, possibly to see how he would cope with the positions they are in.

Guest Kameron

I don't see what Cook has to offer, he's another run of the mill manager who's achieved little in the game.  Good managers aren't sat at home stroking the dog.

Just now, Avon barksdale said:

Why has it took us 3/4 weeks to offer the job to someone out of work a 4 month contract ?? 

I suspect it was offered 2 weeks ago. 

The story is only coming out now. 

Also are we really suprised? 

• Like 1