Paul Cook turns down short term contract with Sheffield Wednesday

2 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

DC has done the correct thing offering a 4 month contract and it shows he has learnt from previous mistakes of handing out long term contracts to managers and then having to pay them off 

What would happen if we give him a 3 year contract and we don't win another match all season?

Everyone would be on here slating DC for giving him a 3 year contract

In our current situation I think a 4 month contract is sensible

And if reports are to be believed, the manager we wanted has turned us down due to the decision to offer only 4 months.

So what now?

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby

The owners will send futile offers to Lamps, Howe, Bruce (soon), Villas Boas, et al.

End up with Jos 2 playing Pompey and Sunderland.

At Keepmoat. For 5 seasons.

51 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And if reports are to be believed, the manager we wanted has turned us down due to the decision to offer only 4 months.

So what now?

You wanted, don't speak for me thanks

11 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Absolutely, no problem with that.  Just wondered why you thought he wasn’t good enough for us in our current position.

Is he good enough ? Who knows ?

My point is not really about PC's ability and more about how DC runs the club, From what I've seen of PC it seems he's the typical English manager, quite opinionated someone who would like to have his say on team matters and player arrivals and sales which is not a bad thing unless someone like DC is your chairman.

The only way we have a chance under DC is down the foreign coach route IMO, if I had to pick one it would be Rene Weiler,  decent record and very experienced around Europe and beyond for a young coach.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paddyowl said:

My point is not really about PC's ability and more about how DC runs the club, From what I've seen of PC it seems he's the typical English manager, quite opinionated someone who would like to have his say on team matters and player arrivals and sales which is not a bad thing unless someone like DC is your chairman.

The only way we have a chance under DC is down the foreign coach route IMO, if I had to pick one it would be Rene Weiler,  decent record and very experienced around Europe and beyond for a young coach.

Agree completly mate

DC's model only works with a foreign manager hence why Carlos lasted the longest and Bruce/Pulis only a matter of weeks

39 minutes ago, Paddyowl said:

Fair enough, agree with much of what you say.  Weiler may indeed prove to be a good choice and I could certainly see some positives.  Unfortunately I’m not sure Chansiri sees it the same way, things are looking pretty desperate now.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Fair enough, agree with much of what you say.  Weiler may indeed prove to be a good choice and I could certainly see some positives.  Unfortunately I’m not sure Chansiri sees it the same way, things are looking pretty desperate now.

Yeah, certainly grim up t'north, alike to the lunatics running the asylum. 🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

What's the betting that when the transfer window closes we go back with a longer deal on the table

While I advocated Paul Cook and still do, I'd have more respect for him if he told Chansiri to fizz off. 

There's seems to be a lack of honesty. If there were no funds to buy players why not commit to a manager based on what he could do with the current squad?...be that Cook or another on the supposed shortlist.

Why be a twaat about it, like Chansiri has been running down the clock and offering stupid 4 month contracts. 

The Joker in charge of our club really is an idiot. 

• Like 1

The impact of last night has had a big effect on me and my hopes of SWFC avoiding relegation.

Losing so apologetically to one of the few teams that we might overtake puts us in a desperate situation.  Coventry were really poor and we were worse.

It seems to me the brief for the new manager must change.  It is still to achieve a miracle and keep us up but balanced by someone who can somehow get a team together in League One that might just get us promoted

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

By the sounds of what?

Nancy Frostick is about as reliable a Wednesday reporter as you're going to find. I'm inclined to believe what she says.

Nixon intimated that offer was from an "advisor" not from the club.

Others now reporting nothing been offered at all and Cook didn't make it to interview.

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Nixon intimated that offer was from an "advisor" not from the club.

Others now reporting nothing been offered at all and Cook didn't make it to interview.

So Nancy Frostick has said there was an offer; Alan Biggs has corroborated this; Alan Nixon has said there was an offer...but you don't think there was an offer.

Fair enough.