Championship Table - here's how it stands as football starts up again

5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The circumstances by which we find ourselves in this mess have a lot of contributing factors, many of them out of the hands of any manager, never mind a specific one. Always irritates me that some people want to distil everything into a single cause that we can easily blame, especially when in this case it is a football manager who was clearly beginning to lose his way.

All come back to one single point.. DC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

We didn't sign anyone, won 2 out of 2 and moved up the table.😁

Being serious I still think we're down though.

Indeed but both of the games we won, we could have got 0 points Derby should have been 4 up by half time and Westwood saved us the points against Boro but we were hanging on in the end they had 24 shots to our 8 and it was one way traffic in the second half. Our look was definitely in for both games but will this last. We will find out as I do not expect DC to make many signings if any and the lack of a manager yet, is his ready made excuse.

19 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Our last five game results are as good as Reading's...and we're up around the top 8 or 9 in the form tables. I'd save the cyanide tabs for later peeps

The problem is the results we had for the previous 18 games though.

If only a season was 5 games long wse would have made the play off instead of being in the bottom 3.:duntmatter:

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The problem is the results we had for the previous 18 games though.

If only a season was 5 games long wse would have made the play off instead of being in the bottom 3.:duntmatter:

The revised deduction left us 6 points adrift from the start. We have now played half our games and are only 3 points from safety with games in hand on many above us. Even allowing for some of our dreadful results so far, if that level of performance remains the same for the rest of the season then we will stay up, just!  

If we get a proper striker and a manager who only has to do better than Monk and Pulis results-wise then we have a fair chance of staying up. 

2 hours ago, Quantum Owl said:

There seems to be way too much negativity on this forum sometimes. 

Yep

As poor as we have been, very poor..the Pulis calamity..

We have gained the same number of  points as Forest and we have 2 games in hand on them.

And they have the best manager outside the prem 🤭..and no money probs.

Derby the 'experts' tip for top 6, Rooney on £6m a week...no better than us and looking at an embargo or even a points deduction...

Cardiff in freefall...Brum next to be looking for a manager no doubt....

The pigs...laughing stock of the entire world..

And here we are with the stamping feet mob cos we ain't set the ex Wigan manager on...

Kin elll..

• Like 2

On 21/01/2021 at 10:54, theowlsman said:

I’m not worried. I’ve seen enough to know when we start scoring a few goals we’ll be ok. A striker who can hold the front line, and score regularly, not necessarily prolifically, is what we need at the moment. Priority no.1. Things get more hopeful after that.

SO WHY HAVE WE NOT ADDRESSED THAT YET.???

Cos we haven't found a player that will make our " Advisors " enough money yet? 

On 21/01/2021 at 15:33, Daizan10 said:

All come back to one single point.. DC.

The problem is that we had to spend a lot simply playing catch-up.

I blame Chansiri for his hiring and firing of managers, but the lack of investment for 15 years prior to his arrival has played a significant part in our demise too.

And we have no youth policy, something which takes years to establish and for which Channers isn't responsible.

We did what most non-parachute teams do, namely gamble.

United were just lucky to get the sort of manager who comes around once in a generation, and Leeds have the pedigree to attract a manager of Bielsa's standard.

We have neither United's luck, nor Leeds' history.

Out of a squad of 34 players the one player we couldn't afford to lose prior to the play-off semi was Hooper.

Who did we lose? - You guessed it.