Championship Table - here's how it stands as football starts up again

We got ourselves in a false sense of security when we moved up, because others had games in hand which they are now reclaiming.  At least now we have a more realistic idea of the mountain we have to climb

Thankfully, we have won two games and the dinosaur Pulis has gone, that gives us hope for the short-term but I still think we need more.

Our points deduction may still send us down, and we may also hope that other teams fold to save us from relegation.  What a state of affairs.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Sacking Carvalhal went really well.   

The circumstances by which we find ourselves in this mess have a lot of contributing factors, many of them out of the hands of any manager, never mind a specific one. Always irritates me that some people want to distil everything into a single cause that we can easily blame, especially when in this case it is a football manager who was clearly beginning to lose his way.

• Like 3

It shows the benefit of going out and signing a few players you need, QPR did it and have had 2 wins in 2 moving them up the table.

This last 3 weeks would have been a good time, to work with the players and get a few fresh faces in, but in true Owls fashion we are leaving everything to the last minute again, this time though it could cost us our place in the league and relegation.

• Like 3

I’m not worried. I’ve seen enough to know when we start scoring a few goals we’ll be ok. A striker who can hold the front line, and score regularly, not necessarily prolifically, is what we need at the moment. Priority no.1. Things get more hopeful after that.

SO WHY HAVE WE NOT ADDRESSED THAT YET.???

• Like 1

Take away the 6pt deduction and we would be 20th only 3pts above the relegation zone. 

Pathetic. 

• Like 1

Put yourself in the players shoes. You’re working with a new manager on a regular basis, its constantly a change environment in which you work, no stability, no consistent playing strategy, everything changes all the time, and the manager is more concerned about his own position and relationship with the owner than about his players. Plus as players, you’re not always being paid on time. So you’re on edge all the time, never feel 100% comfortable.

Do you feel valued? Do you feel the club deserves your full commitment?

Until that all changes, we’ll have a problem. Though I do believe from recent performances, the players are good enough, and do care about the club, just need to feel comfortable at the club, feel wanted, and able to play without fear of a new manager every few months, and under a manager who looks after their interests, and stands up for them. So that’s a key requirement for the new manager. Must be a good man manager. 

No more disciplinarians please, no applecart upsetters. Stick with NT if we can’t get a bubbly, enigmatic, man manager like Paul Cook. He’s growing on me as I think about it more. Or Ollie obviously.

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Put yourself in the players shoes. You’re working with a new manager on a regular basis, its constantly a change environment in which you work, no stability, no consistent playing strategy, everything changes all the time, and the manager is more concerned about his own position and relationship with the owner than about his players. Plus as players, you’re not always being paid on time. So you’re on edge all the time, never feel 100% comfortable.

Do you feel valued? Do you feel the club deserves your full commitment?

Until that all changes, we’ll have a problem. Though I do believe from recent performances, the players are good enough, and do care about the club, just need to feel comfortable at the club, feel wanted, and able to play without fear of a new manager every few months, and under a manager who looks after their interests, and stands up for them. So that’s a key requirement for the new manager. Must be a good man manager. 

No more disciplinarians please, no applecart upsetters. Stick with NT if we can’t get a bubbly, enigmatic, man manager like Paul Cook. He’s growing on me as I think about it more. Or Ollie obviously.

Oh yeah, and obviously I’ve had a lot of time to think about it. I can only assume our owner doesn’t see the welfare of SWFC as being at the top of his list of priorities which is ok if he’s going to sell up, otherwise he needs to pull his bloody finger out. Not good enough I am afraid.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

It shows the benefit of going out and signing a few players you need, QPR did it and have had 2 wins in 2 moving them up the table.

This last 3 weeks would have been a good time, to work with the players and get a few fresh faces in, but in true Owls fashion we are leaving everything to the last minute again, this time though it could cost us our place in the league and relegation.

We didn't sign anyone, won 2 out of 2 and moved up the table.😁

Being serious I still think we're down though.

Technically we are the in form team outside the top 6 at the moment because apart from qpr we are the only team to have won the last 2. We also have a game in hand on derby and two on brum and forest. 

There seems to be way too much negativity on this forum sometimes. 

• Like 2