Championship Table - here's how it stands as football starts up again

Until we play them again, there's nothing we can do about Derby finding form, so it's not worth worrying about. 

We've got 23 remaining; if we go down, it will be thanks to our own poor results rather than anything else. 

Looking at the way we've approached this transfer window and managerial search, I fear that will hold true.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Until we play them again, there's nothing we can do about Derby finding form, so it's not worth worrying about. 

We've got 23 remaining; if we go down, it will be thanks to our own poor results rather than anything else. 

Looking at the way we've approached this transfer window and managerial search, I fear that will hold true.

This, table not really relevant who to watch out for until march.

We need 31 points from 23 games, 1.4 points per game and will be ok.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Take the 6pt deduction off and we would still be in the relegation zone. That's how pathetic we have been this season. We can't use the pts deduction as an excuse. 

You are completely wrong but don't let the facts get in the way of your pessimism. 

50 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Take the 6pt deduction off and we would still be in the relegation zone. That's how pathetic we have been this season. We can't use the pts deduction as an excuse. 

Think we'd be out of the bottom 3 on goal difference. 

I'm not saying that means we've been good though 

Edited by poite
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, poite said:

Think we'd be out of the bottom 3 on goal difference. 

I'm not saying that means we've been good though 

It's pretty obvious that we have been woeful for large spells - we've sacked 2 managers in half a season.

The fact we have been woeful but would still be out of the bottom 3 without the points deduction does suggest we should have a good chance though, as does the fact that our academy coach has managed to get a tune out of the squad.

The concern is that any sustained improvement is dependent on who the next manager is and whether we can get a proper focal point signed up front.  

13 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

2 games in hand - Cov and Wycombe. There is the season for us in those games.

Literally cannot afford to lose either game.

Absolutely, but the problem is that both of those will be thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

2 games in hand - Cov and Wycombe. There is the season for us in those games.

Literally cannot afford to lose either game.

We’ve said this a few times this season and each time we’ve gone on to lose, then lose a few more on the spin.

I’m fearful. If Coventry turn us over it’s curtains IMO