Remember these names?

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't remember Beumont playing in the first team but think all the rest did, maybe not Holton on second thoughts

Jim Holton was a very good player with Man U but had injury problems think he played for Coventry as well.

Think he came to Wednesday hoping to overcome his injury problems but never made a first team appearance.

Sadly passed away in early 90s in his early 40s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

7804AE3D-6476-49E6-B977-2A778985A12F.jpeg

17311349-3AA1-4FC2-B62D-9B1B7468CEB8.jpeg

Thanks very much for posting that,brought back a great memory...Just come out of the Army.living on Balmain Rd on the Sutton Estate,ROAR of the crowds  teeming down to Hillsborough past 4 Lanes Cafe,& onto Leppings Lane End.......Snooker and a few pints at the Castle Dykes Hall Rd....More innocent(&affordable) times though in the middle of a dreadful recession.....

Less than 9 Months after this i was watching my old comrades fighting for their lives.......trying to get off the Sir Galahad,,,,,,Sat in the 'Shaky' at Hillsboro when news of the 'Sheffield' being sunk came on......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Jim Holton was a very good player with Man U but had injury problems think he played for Coventry as well.

Think he came to Wednesday hoping to overcome his injury problems but never made a first team appearance.

Sadly passed away in early 90s in his early 40s.

Yeah thats how remember it more or less 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thanks very much for posting that,brought back a great memory...Just come out of the Army.living on Balmain Rd on the Sutton Estate,ROAR of the crowds  teeming down to Hillsborough past 4 Lanes Cafe,& onto Leppings Lane End.......Snooker and a few pints at the Castle Dykes Hall Rd....More innocent(&affordable) times though in the middle of a dreadful recession.....

Less than 9 Months after this i was watching my old comrades fighting for their lives.......trying to get off the Sir Galahad,,,,,,Sat in the 'Shaky' at Hillsboro when news of the 'Sheffield' being sunk came on......

I remember the crew of the Sheffield being on a city visit, about 6 months before the Falklands conflict. Bumped into em in the Hofbrauhaus. Great bunch of lads. Rather saddened on news that ensued.