Relax - it’s all being taken care of

Other than Shaw, they can all leave. Shaw is at the beginning of his career and will get better, the others are on the decline or won’t get any better.

Would be nice to see us prepared to take the difficult decisions for the benefit of the club long term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I'm not convinced that any of our players would get the high wages we pay them at any other club.  Adam reach has never fulfilled his potential or repaid his fee or wages.  We seem to over rate our players, Tom lees would never equal his contract at Wednesday. You can't fault Barry Bannans commitment or his quality and he would be an asset to any championship club but he's over 30 and, again, would not get a contract like he has here.

Think bannan and Reach could both get 15k which isnt far off what theyre on now. Im presuming by the Summer finances may have picked up a bit regarding crowds and covid etc. Lees would be mad to turn down anyone who offered him even half of what hes on here. 

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

For once i'm ITK on one guy I know won't be renewing and I can't say sweet FA.

Ok so this is a "look at me" kind of post but i'm gutted twice, firstly that he intends to leave and secondly I won't be able to take any credit for saying it first.

And this is also a big concern, that we are only just at the half way stage of the season and player's already know and are talking about not being here next season.

In just a few short years our owner has taken us from being one of the most attractive clubs to sign for at this level to complete bottom feeders.

Absolute basket case of a club. 

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

For once i'm ITK on one guy I know won't be renewing and I can't say sweet FA.

Ok so this is a "look at me" kind of post but i'm gutted twice, firstly that he intends to leave and secondly I won't be able to take any credit for saying it first.

If I was a gambling man, I'd say Tom Lees

Although, the non celebration of his goal against Blackburn by Reach spoke volumes

I don't think either will be here next season

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

23 hours ago, trev said:

Correct.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly for once.

Bannan, Reach and Lees are very highly paid for this league. Out of all the clubs without parachute money we probably pay the most and these 3 are very high. Also Westwood of course.

We cannot afford to pay them that amount anymore so just like Fletcher they will leave. 

We need to be more savvy and to actually scout out hidden gems or foreign players. Lots of other teams can build good squads without paying crazy money in wages.

We have found a few like Iorfa, Borner and Windass. So it can be done. 

Doesn't mean they will leave. Who's going to pay them the sort of money they are on? Nobody. Clubs have to be careful at long last with contracts. Offer contracts with appropriate relegation clauses too.

14 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Doesn't mean they will leave. Who's going to pay them the sort of money they are on? Nobody. Clubs have to be careful at long last with contracts. Offer contracts with appropriate relegation clauses too.

Nobody will, but some clubs can afford to offer more than we can. Just like Fletcher and Stoke.

51 minutes ago, Brommers said:

That was before Covid really started to hit home.

Are u saying that none of them will get signed by anyone?

Surely all 3 are still very good championship standard players?

2 hours ago, trev said:

Are u saying that none of them will get signed by anyone?

Surely all 3 are still very good championship standard players?

Only time will tell but i don't think there'll be a big queue of clubs and certainly not offering anything like they currently earn. I'm sure if they want to leave they will get another club but unlikely to be one challenging for promotion. 

On 03/01/2021 at 14:42, trev said:

Correct.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly for once.

Bannan, Reach and Lees are very highly paid for this league. Out of all the clubs without parachute money we probably pay the most and these 3 are very high. Also Westwood of course.

We cannot afford to pay them that amount anymore so just like Fletcher they will leave. 

We need to be more savvy and to actually scout out hidden gems or foreign players. Lots of other teams can build good squads without paying crazy money in wages.

We have found a few like Iorfa, Borner and Windass. So it can be done. 

How do you know Lees is on big money? He was here in the Milan days so nothing to suggest he's s high earner compared to others.

I'd only keep Bannan and Shaw out of that lot , maybe  offer odabajo 1 year