Relax - it’s all being taken care of

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course I want Wednesday to stop up but have zero faith we will be any better next season.

Need to keep Bannan, Reach and Lees for some stability next season.

I think next year will be a struggle, fact is we cant afford to keep them on anywhere near what they are on now. Bannan could leave and still get the same wage, Reach also wouldnt be far off. Lees is worth 50% on what hes on now + all the other squad members out of contract means potentially a huge squad change in the summer which always has potential for a new team to not gel together.  

• Like 1

For once i'm ITK on one guy I know won't be renewing and I can't say sweet FA.

Ok so this is a "look at me" kind of post but i'm gutted twice, firstly that he intends to leave and secondly I won't be able to take any credit for saying it first.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Top of my head:

Odubajo, Lees, Shaw, Palmer, Pelupessy, Bannan, Reach. Maybe Wildsmith? 

Speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil, tackle no evil, mark no evil, slack no evil, crap no evil and catch no evil.

You can decide who is who.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

I think next year will be a struggle, fact is we cant afford to keep them on anywhere near what they are on now. Bannan could leave and still get the same wage, Reach also wouldnt be far off. Lees is worth 50% on what hes on now + all the other squad members out of contract means potentially a huge squad change in the summer which always has potential for a new team to not gel together.  

I'm not convinced that any of our players would get the high wages we pay them at any other club.  Adam reach has never fulfilled his potential or repaid his fee or wages.  We seem to over rate our players, Tom lees would never equal his contract at Wednesday. You can't fault Barry Bannans commitment or his quality and he would be an asset to any championship club but he's over 30 and, again, would not get a contract like he has here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

This really needs sorting this month. But the club is in a no win position. Can we afford to offer Bannan, Reach and Lees contracts? It could cripple us if we get relegated.

Players like Reach who is at a decent age should never have been able to run there contract down. 

Yep absolutely ridiculous a player coming into his prime like Adam Reach will probably leave the club for nothing at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

For once i'm ITK on one guy I know won't be renewing and I can't say sweet FA.

Ok so this is a "look at me" kind of post but i'm gutted twice, firstly that he intends to leave and secondly I won't be able to take any credit for saying it first.

Bannan, Reach and Lees won’t renew. They’d be crazy to do so. And I don’t blame them one bit.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bannan, Reach and Lees won’t renew. They’d be crazy to do so. And I don’t blame them one bit.

Don't know owt about them ;-) although i'd hope two out of three of them would renew.  

Edit:  Don't take owt into the winky, I genuinely don't know owt about those three.

Edited by Salmonbones

Guest Therealrealist

Lets not get held to ransom by this mob..any of em will be lucky to get anothet deal..theres better value out there without a shadow of a doubt