The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

It seems those stats aren’t 100% correct as on YouTube there’s a clip of him scoring for Aberdeen.  I think he scored once in 14 games for them but that could be wrong too!

His goal for Aberdeen was in a cup competition.

16 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I'm normally pretty positive on new signings, I like to give them a fair chance and not jump to early conclusions. However...

I used to live 10 minutes walk from Hibs' ground so I've watched Kamberi a few times. I really don't rate him. Thought he was bang average at SPFL level.

Trying to be glass half full - I'd say Hibs are better than most League One clubs (and he was at Rangers for a bit too) so maybe he'll look comparatively better in this league - I'd expect him to be a back up. Pretty stocky player who scores in patches, would probably be a useful one to have on the bench.

Cheers, don’t rate him for his finishing or his general play?

I see according to the inaccurate wiki page that he scored 20 goals in 67 games for Hibs which doesn’t sound too bad?  And it seems he’s suffered from COVID and injuries in his time since then and been in and out of sides so that may explain his lack of goals in the last 2 seasons 

18 goals and 10 assists in 70 SPL starts (12 of those games were loan spells at Aberdeen and Rangers, 6 games apiece, the rest were for Hibs)

Windass got 12 goals and 13 assists in 52 starts for Rangers (worth noting all his goals came in one season)

Edited by beswetherick

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Waiting all this time for a striker and then it looks like this lad. Very disappointing 

True, but better than nothing and if it buys us some time to get our preferred choice later in the window, ok with it. Assuming of course, we are bringing in another striker as well.

Also, if we're not allowed to pay fees, does rather limit the choices we have