The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are hopeful of a mini-Boro reunion at Hillsborough as they look to sign Marvin Johnson, just days after the loan capture of Lewis Wing.

But the Owls face Championship competition for the former Boro winger, who is also said to be interesting Hull, Blackpool and Millwall.

Johnson is a free agent after leaving Boro at the end of last season, and, according to Yorkshire Live, has been identified by Darren Moore as a target as the Wednesday boss plots an immediate return to the Championship.

I personally think we will get Johnson over Hull.

If he’s coming in as a LB/LWB then his competition here is a young LB who hasn’t played too many games. He’d probably be a 1st choice player. 

However at Hull he will 100% play 2nd fiddle too Callum Elder. Plus even as a wing option he’s not going to start over Lewis - Potter or Wilks. 

53 minutes ago, malek said:

Barnsley signed 21 years old Josh Benson from Burnley .

Just a type of signing I would want us to make. Already good enough to start games, but with potential to get even better and get sold for big profit in the future.

I’m not sure spending the extremely limited cash we do have on another midfielder would be a priority or good use of it, especially when we already have 5 that could potentially start in his place

We don’t have a fit 1st team striker on our books

49 minutes ago, Triple O said:

He played in PL last year, can't expect him to drop to L1

Obviously didn't want to say that we should have rivaled Barnsley for his signature, but that this is direction I wish we would take more often. 

14 minutes ago, WAWAWArno said:

Florian Kamberi. Striker. Signing.

I'm normally pretty positive on new signings, I like to give them a fair chance and not jump to early conclusions. However...

I used to live 10 minutes walk from Hibs' ground so I've watched Kamberi a few times. I really don't rate him. Thought he was bang average at SPFL level.

Trying to be glass half full - I'd say Hibs are better than most League One clubs (and he was at Rangers for a bit too) so maybe he'll look comparatively better in this league - I'd expect him to be a back up. Pretty stocky player who scores in patches, would probably be a useful one to have on the bench.

Just now, SwellOwl said:

Not outstanding BUT can only judge him with his time with us (if he signs).

6A42B298-10A5-4510-B10F-512EDF062470.png

It seems those stats aren’t 100% correct as on YouTube there’s a clip of him scoring for Aberdeen.  I think he scored once in 14 games for them but that could be wrong too!