The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

13 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

He's listed in the Jamaica 23 man squad for the current Gold Cup so I'd be surprised if he was to start training with Derby at the minute. 

1 hour ago, El Toro said:

Ravel Morrison us now training with Derby County.

I thought he was with the Jamaica squad but wasn't involved last night so maybe he is training with Derby after all.

2012Manchester United0(0)

2012–2015West Ham United18(3)

2012–2013→ Birmingham City (loan)27(3)

2014→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)15(6)

2014→ Cardiff City (loan)7(0)

2015–2019Lazio4(0)

2017→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)5(0)

2017–2018→ Atlas (loan)18(3)

2019Östersund6(0)

2019–2020Sheffield United1(0)

2020→ Middlesbrough (loan)3(0)

2020–2021ADO Den Haag4(

Even if it was physically possible for him to become a good player why would any club think after all that that they’d be the ones to find that spark?

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

2012Manchester United0(0)

2012–2015West Ham United18(3)

2012–2013→ Birmingham City (loan)27(3)

2014→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)15(6)

2014→ Cardiff City (loan)7(0)

2015–2019Lazio4(0)

2017→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)5(0)

2017–2018→ Atlas (loan)18(3)

2019Östersund6(0)

2019–2020Sheffield United1(0)

2020→ Middlesbrough (loan)3(0)

2020–2021ADO Den Haag4(

Even if it was physically possible for him to become a good player why would any club think after all that that they’d be the ones to find that spark?

Even the greatest manager (ignore last season as that doesn't count) the piggies had couldn't do it

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Personally I would be more excited if we got someone like John-Jules on loan to add to a young and quick forward line than Piggott.  But I’m fully aware I am in the minority with this one.  It will be interesting to see what striker(s) we are able to attract and sign, if any! 

I’d like our next striker to be someone that has solid L1 experience and can play with their backs to goal. I’ve not seen him play, but from what I’ve read, Pigott seems to fit that bill better. Not saying John-Jules wouldn’t be a good player.

Anyway, Pigott has gone to Ipswich hasn’t he? I think he’ll be a good signing for them.

The most important bit of business is getting a quality striker in? Without someone who can hold the ball up and get us up the pitch we’ll have problems just like last season? Paterson for me is a player who tris hard but not sure wot position is his best! Windass will score a few if here but the number 9 is the one that will link things together? No idea who moore will get if at all but can see us struggling again If not addressed? Wots fletcher doing these days or date I say it Nuhiu ( I’ll get me helmet) but someone who will make sure it doesn’t come straight back. The trouble is they expensive especially the ones who score aswell so unless we unearthed a diamond or more has an ace up his sleeve mid table at best for me 

• Like 1

Dion Charles and Colby Bishop a great partnership at this level, envious of Accrington. Fees being mentioned very high though.

Would have gone for Bakayoko at Coventry too on a free. Useful player Bolton got there.

We can still do better in this transfer market.

I've just compared our new recruit Mide Shodipo with Siriki Dembele from Peterbrough.

Shodipo involved in 45 games. Scoring 10. Assisting 2 

Dembele involved in 42 games. Scoring 11. Assisting 12.

Both 24 years old.

Dembele is being rated as worth 1.2m (roughly)

Shodipo is rated as being worth 250k (roughly)

Big season for Shodipo, he'll be playing in a better team, than he's ever done. He could potentially find new levels.

If Dembele gets a move, and improves - he could be a brilliant player.

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I've just compared our new recruit Mide Shodipo with Siriki Dembele from Peterbrough.

Both 24 years old.

Big season for Shodipo, he'll be playing in a better team, than he's ever done. He could potentially find new levels.

Is Dembele available for loan or a free transfer?  Otherwise I’m not sure about the connection, but fully agree that in a better team, bigger club, bigger stadium Shodipo could improve and find a new level next season.  He seems to be improving like Antonio did, and QPR fans are surprised he’s been allowed to be loaned out again.  Fingers crossed he’ll be good for us 

So far DM has signed Adeniran (Semedo) and Shodipo (Marshall/Antonio). Definitely a whiff of Gary Megson’s time here. I wonder who he will sign that is similar to O’Grady/Lowe and will he sign a Jones/Batth type player?

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Both 24 years old.

Oxford United finish 6th last season scoring 77 goals

Sheffield Wednesday finish 24th last season scoring  40 goals

Do you think he is trading up, or going to a lesser team so he looks better?