The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Swans target Sheffield Wednesday captain.

Last weekend we had news that Sheffield Wednesday were keeping an eye on Swans midfielder George Byers and today we have news that their captain Barry Bannan is someone that the Swans would like to bring to South Wales.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Ipswich signed Scott Fraser , had a cracking season for mk dons , very good signing to add to some impressive ones. 
Under Paul Cook I can see a major promotion push

I am now tipping Ipswich for the league, they have bought in proven goals with Pigott and Bonne, a midfield ball winner in Evans and flare and goals in Fraser his record over the last few season is one of the best in all leagues. They have two young attack minder wingers in Penney and harper, an experience keeper to marshall at the back and have a manager will multiple promotions on his cv including in league one.

This is the sort of business we could have done instead we are weeks/months behind everyone else again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am now tipping Ipswich for the league, they have bought in proven goals with Pigott and Bonne, a midfield ball winner in Evans and flare and goals in Fraser his record over the last few season is one of the best in all leagues. They have two young attack minder wingers in Penney and harper, an experience keeper to marshall at the back and have a manager will multiple promotions on his cv including in league one.

This is the sort of business we could have done instead we are weeks/months behind everyone else again.

Agree, they've recruited well and look strong, but that's only possible when there is money to spend. Our recruitment isn't finished yet, let's compare squads when the season starts, may even up a bit. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

very good and truthful post. They have done some very good business and I agree they will be right up at the top of the table this season. 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I stopped reading at Penney!

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:This is the sort of business we could have done instead we are weeks/months behind everyone else again.

Not on our obvious budget it isn’t 

52 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I agree, Ipswich will be up there with the players they have recruited and the manager they have. That said, and maybe I’m wearing my blue and white tinted glasses, but maybe we have a better base to work from.

I don’t think they will be adding the players you mention to the quality of players like Bannan, Luongo, Windass, Iorfa, Hutchinson and maybe Patterson. Don’t get me wrong, I think they will be right up there & I’d have loved us to get Bonne and Pigot as they are the areas I think we are weak in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

It's not the sort of business we could have done.

Some people need to seriously adjust their expectations regarding the club's situation.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Owl in Manc said:

according to Wiki, he played 30 games last season, on loan for Millwall and Ipswich, only scored twice!

True his record isn’t good,  I think he has actually scored as many international goals as club goals recently. 

However I remember Kane hardly hit amazing goal returns in his loan spells away from Spurs and he was slightly older than Parrott too.  So maybe there’s still hope for Parrott to come good next season for whoever he plays for 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fits the bill for me. Fairly tall and strong. Hopefully can hold it up and provide a focal point up top. 

39 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Somebody on twitter mentioning Troy Parrott, potential loan

Good shout, at least he's a CF. Struggled at Millwall, but seemed to start to show something at Ipswich dropping down to L1 and highly rated by Spurs.

Ipswich have signed some forwards this summer, wonder why they didn't go back in for him?

Don't think we could pin our hopes on him as a first choice CF, but good back up.