The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

It’s very very simple …. If we’re not allowed to sign players for transfer fees we are therefore under restrictions 

Clubs have just voted for transparency, hence why the EFL have just had to produce a naughty boys list 

Why aren’t we on it ??    Where’s the EFL fanboys ??  Anyone explaining ? 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s very very simple …. If we’re not allowed to sign players for transfer fees we are therefore under restrictions 

Clubs have just voted for transparency, hence why the EFL have just had to produce a naughty boys list 

Why aren’t we on it ??    Where’s the EFL fanboys ??  Anyone explaining ? 

In the interest of transparency we are on a secret naughtyboys list?

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Also the fact we can’t pay fees out might just explain the windass and borner (to a lesser extent) transfer stance. It’s no good selling players if we can’t use the money to reinvest in the squad. 

You dont need to pay transfer fees when their free agent, only a complete fool would be paying transfer fees for league one players with so many free agents.

There are lots of good players available but the longer we leave it the less and crap will be left.

And yes for the first time in DC history at the club we need the majority of the squad here and raring to go for the first game of the season. Not a month into the season. When we a first team squad of 25+ players we could wait, but with 13 players and kids we need players in now.

3 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Looking at Tariq Uwakwe from Chelsea apparently

Interesting,  for me the more youngsters we are linked with the better.  With Chansiri staying around our only real chance of success is to develop young players who will improve and take us forward with them, or to make us money when they are sold 

• Like 1

It's nice seeing us go for young upcoming players.  Start building a more youthful team, a team that would thrive in 2-3 years time. 

The big question is can Moore and his team coach them into better players?  

I believe he can.

• Like 2

Squad as it stands:

Wildsmith, Dawson, Render

Palmer, Iorfa, Borner, Dunkley, Brennan, Dawodu, Galvin, Hutchinson, Agbontohama

Luongo, Bannan, Adenarin, Hunt, Waldock, Dele-Bashiru

Green, Windass, Paterson, Hagan, Adedoyin

What else is needed? I think a centre back as I can see Borner going. Right back cover and a left back. Another central midfield player who might chip in with a few goals. Two new wingers and a target man.

It’s all gone quiet on the lad from Swindon at CB - Odimayo I think? 

I think we will sign the lad from Arsenal Bola who can cover a left back slot. Also the lad on trial at Chelsea might sign as cover - Masumpa is it? 

In midfield I was told Ravel Morrison would be joining but maybe that’s off as surely he’d be training with the squad. Linked with Bostock too I think. 

Att following Shodipo and Baah on Instagram so looks like they might be joining. Pace on the flanks - both probably loans. I’d still be looking at taking a punt on Josh Sims who is out of contract. Moore had him on loan at Doncaster last season.

Then I think we need a centre forward who can hold it up and bring others into play. Linked with the big lad Hudlin from Solihull Moors at the start of pre season. And rumours of Lee Gregory. Both would fit that bill. Don’t fit the target man profile but wouldn’t be surprised if Callum Morton and Tyreece John Jules from WBA and Arsenal respectively are on our list. 

Goalkeeper is key. Whispers of Jordan Archer but I believe he’s gone elsewhere now. Bettinelli has been released by Fulham who would be perfect but suspect he might get a Championship offer. 

As for outgoings. I think Chansiri’s stubbornness means some of our key players will stay - whether they actually want to be here is another matter. But I imagine bids for Windass and Bannan will be coming in - both far too good for this level. 

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Squad as it stands:

Wildsmith, Dawson, Render

Palmer, Iorfa, Borner, Dunkley, Brennan, Dawodu, Galvin, Hutchinson, Agbontohama

Luongo, Bannan, Adenarin, Hunt, Waldock, Dele-Bashiru

Green, Windass, Paterson, Hagan, Adedoyin

What else is needed? I think a centre back as I can see Borner going. Right back cover and a left back. Another central midfield player who might chip in with a few goals. Two new wingers and a target man.

It’s all gone quiet on the lad from Swindon at CB - Odimayo I think? 

I think we will sign the lad from Arsenal Bola who can cover a left back slot. Also the lad on trial at Chelsea might sign as cover - Masumpa is it? 

In midfield I was told Ravel Morrison would be joining but maybe that’s off as surely he’d be training with the squad. Linked with Bostock too I think. 

Att following Shodipo and Baah on Instagram so looks like they might be joining. Pace on the flanks - both probably loans. I’d still be looking at taking a punt on Josh Sims who is out of contract. Moore had him on loan at Doncaster last season.

Then I think we need a centre forward who can hold it up and bring others into play. Linked with the big lad Hudlin from Solihull Moors at the start of pre season. And rumours of Lee Gregory. Both would fit that bill. Don’t fit the target man profile but wouldn’t be surprised if Callum Morton and Tyreece John Jules from WBA and Arsenal respectively are on our list. 

Goalkeeper is key. Whispers of Jordan Archer but I believe he’s gone elsewhere now. Bettinelli has been released by Fulham who would be perfect but suspect he might get a Championship offer. 

As for outgoings. I think Chansiri’s stubbornness means some of our key players will stay - whether they actually want to be here is another matter. But I imagine bids for Windass and Bannan will be coming in - both far too good for this level. 

We need 2 strikers and right winger and a left back with league experience.

If Borner leaves we need another centre back

but importantly we need players that can play 40+ games not break after 20. Last season we only have 5 players start 30+ games and no one started 40+ games.

Yes covid played a part and it was a shorter season to get games in, but we cannot carry luongo, dunkley, or any of the others that are not fit for the majority of the season. Luongo on his day is a great player but when Hutch is fitter than you, you know you have biscuit knees.

Still think we need a GK and the lad from WBA on loan would do just fine.

In defence we need a LB for sure and think Bola May be brought in if he impresses. If Borner leaves then a CB is also a must as you have to remember that Dunkley and Hutchinson ‘may’ break down at some point. I know we’ve been linked to McCart and if we can’t spend money then the lad from Swindon May fit the bill. We may end up leaving that to drag on in the Hope we can at some point spend some cash.

I’m more than pleased we signed Adeniran and think he will be a great asset and allow Bannan to play further up the pitch. Might be worth bringing in another CM on loan just based on the Luongo fitness doubts.

The striking department we need a couple in. One being a pacy wide player and the other a focal point to allow the likes of Windass, Green and Hagan to flourish. Like how Adedoyan seems to be coming along and also the Shodipo deal could be a shrewd one. Would like us to take a punt on that no league tall lad. Pay a loan fee and the a transfer fee at the end of the season. It’s the only way I can see it happening. Would be a handful in Leagie One.

Tolaji Bola is another i’ve not seen,  anyone watch him at rochdale last season ??  DM must see potential 

Has Conor Ogilvie gone anywhere yet ? Free agent from Gillingham that i expected to have championship interest , left sided defender