The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

21 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Corry Evans who I suggested on here a few weeks ago joining Sunderland. Very good signing for them.

For me it looks like a type of signing we would have gone for before but should stay well clear of. 

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hoping our next few signings have a bit of proven quality. Not so sure the ones we have signed so far are going to have us challenging at the top of the table. 

With still no strikers at the club and 16 days until our first game i would say we are bottom 6 at best we need at least 2 striker that are proven league one performers or better.

They need also be to match fit which the longer we leave it, the less chance this will be the case. We can go into a new season with midfielders playing up front as makeshift strikers last season that got us relegated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

With still no strikers at the club and 16 days until our first game i would say we are bottom 6 at best we need at least 2 striker that are proven league one performers or better.

They need also be to match fit which the longer we leave it, the less chance this will be the case. We can go into a new season with midfielders playing up front as makeshift strikers last season that got us relegated. 

100% agree with you. Still a lot of work to do to get players in, especially up top, we need strikers not wingers/midfield players being shoehorned up top. On top of that we need a new number one ASAP. 

30 minutes ago, malek said:

For me it looks like a type of signing we would have gone for before but should stay well clear of. 

I don't know why.

Vastly experienced in the championship and for Northern Ireland.

Still a good age and would have been a massive upgrade on Pelupessy.

Don't think he will be on huge wages at Sunderland.

4 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Sam cokes would be ideal for us big lad string leads the line holds the ball up scores a few if Shrewsbury av a chance surely we can complete with them? Unless moore has better lined up 

Do you mean that he will tie defences in knots 

Signing ‘proven quality’ is not a guarantee of success though is it ?  in league one , or any other division 

I think last thing we need right now is any gravy train last pay day signings,  if DM thinks there’s a couple of young lads worth taking a chance on upfront I think I’m all for trusting him 

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I don't know why.

Vastly experienced in the championship and for Northern Ireland.

Still a good age and would have been a massive upgrade on Pelupessy.

Don't think he will be on huge wages at Sunderland.

had major injury the other year didn’t he ? Probably on good money from Blackburn and he’s 30 now , got massimo and bazza for the experience, adenrian for the younger end with a few other youngsters (waldock / hunt etc ) too

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Ipswich signed Scott Fraser , had a cracking season for mk dons , very good signing to add to some impressive ones. 
Under Paul Cook I can see a major promotion push

Cook’s a good manager at League 1 level but I’m happier with Moore. Think in the long term we’ll be in a better place with Moore at the helm.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jim said:

Cook’s a good manager at League 1 level but I’m happier with Moore. Think in the long term we’ll be in a better place with Moore at the helm.

Yes Ipswich will be challenging at the top, but I like what we’re trying to do with signing younger players. 

• Like 1

With the signings cook has made they will expect top 2 , goes one or two ways there for me … smash it as expected or they have a rough start and he’s down the dole que before Xmas 

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Denver Hume at Sunderland, Left Back.

22 years old. Won't sign a new deal.

63 league games in his legs, 9 assists and 2 goals.

Wigan also have a forward who hasn't signed a deal yet. Joe Dodoo.

Denver Hume and Joe Dodoo? come on now....that is some name generator machine that you are using. Trying moving the dial away from 70's muck star/ extinct bird settings.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Denver Hume and Joe Dodoo? come on now....that is some name generator machine that you are using. Trying moving the dial away from 70's muck star/ extinct bird settings.

There's no more Brian, Steve, Kevin and Derriks these days. Must have been a shift around the millennium. 

Blame the Internet and Slim Shady.

• Haha 3

Think a lot of patience is going to be needed this season. Might take these lads a while to settle and develop. Can see mid table this season then a push next. Which if the kids grow and become good players I would be happy with.

• Like 4