The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Att’s Insta says it’s Jaden Brown. Left back. 

Hopefully he performs better than the last player called Brown we had.

Wonder what that means for Masampu and Bola.  Bola can play centre back too so maybe we will keep him for his versatility. He looked decent

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hopefully he performs better than the last player called Brown we had.

Wonder what that means for Masampu and Bola.  Bola can play centre back too so maybe we will keep him for his versatility. He looked decent

Not like the other Brown also played for udders ......oh wait

2 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Thought Bola would be a decent signing

I know it's been against relatively poor opposition but he's looked composed on the ball . the only thing I did notice was last night he was struggling for a yard of pace against the kid Alfreton played on the wing second half 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doesnt look to have played many games for Huddersfield. Decent age and came through the Spurs academy. 

At least it’s a left back.

One reason he’s not played much for Huddersfield is Harry Toffolo  is one of there better players and hardly misses game through injury.   So could just need this move to get regular game time.

As we are desperate for strikers I think Max Biamou is still without a club after leaving Coventry.

Experienced, big lad and could be good leading the line in League 1 as he was for Coventry in their promotion season.

Another maybe to consider is Sam Baldock ex Reading. Again very experienced and although 32 now he could do a very good job in League 1 for a season.

Derby are currently taking a look at him as he is training with them.

They are in the same boat as us, looking at freebies but I would be surprised if they sign him up.

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

So joe crann said they were looking at 4 positions, 3 of them have been signed now the last was a striker. 

Hopefully that’s not it and we go for another striker and a goalkeeper

I think we still need:

Defender

Midfielder

Winger

Striker X2

Defender might be Bola. Definitely worth a contract I think. Should be well covered then, even if Borner moved on.

I think we still need a more attack minded midfielder. George Byers might fit that bill. The lad on loan from Chelsea that @TbagMcgraw put forward? 

Would like to see another wide option to play in the three behind the striker. Josh Sims is available on a free - I’d really be looking at him.

Strikers Lee Gregory is available and lives locally. He’s a big blade but he would provide a bit of size and physicality up front. Then perhaps a striker on loan - John Jules from Arsenal was on loan at Donny last season and might fit the bill. Or the lad Morton from West Brom - Moore might be able to pull on some connections there. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I think we still need:

Defender

Midfielder

Winger

Striker X2

Defender might be Bola. Definitely worth a contract I think. Should be well covered then, even if Borner moved on.

I think we still need a more attack minded midfielder. George Byers might fit that bill. The lad on loan from Chelsea that @TbagMcgraw put forward? 

Would like to see another wide option to play in the three behind the striker. Josh Sims is available on a free - I’d really be looking at him.

Strikers Lee Gregory is available and lives locally. He’s a big blade but he would provide a bit of size and physicality up front. Then perhaps a striker on loan - John Jules from Arsenal was on loan at Donny last season and might fit the bill. Or the lad Morton from West Brom - Moore might be able to pull on some connections there. 

And of  course a goalkeeper! 

• Like 1