Westwood out

If it's a case of games catching up with them they could play today and then have a week off. Particularly Westwood it's not like he's got to run all over the pitch for 90 minutes.

Dunkley I've got more sympathy for after his long term injury.

Leaves us in the poo though.

(Just seen Dunkley had done his hamstring, fair enough, well justified in that case.)

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

I have zero expectations with that line up, and am thinking this will be pretty uncomfortable viewing. By being so completely dismissive of our chances, I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised, and consequently, more than happy to eat humble pie 

I think NT is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. Had Westwood and Dunkley got injured today and was subsequently ruled out for a while then the meltdown on here would’ve been as bad as the one after DC’s media conference yesterday. 

Just now, Jim said:

I think NT is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. Had Westwood and Dunkley got injured today and was subsequently ruled out for a while then the meltdown on here would’ve been as bad as the one after DC’s media conference yesterday. 

So you're saying don't play ANY players in case they get injured?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

I can only see a 4-4-2 with those players.

Odubajo, Lees, Pelupessy, Palmer

Harris, Bannan, Shaw, Reach

Windass, Paterson 

You see I only see three at the back, with Shaw dropping back into defence and Palmer as the left sided 

Your positions would see Pelupessy ripped a new one every other attack and Lees having a massive crisis of confidence thinking he has to cover for Pelupessy.     Shaw adds some beef, Palmer is a calm head if nothing spectacular and allows Pelupessy to do what he is good at a little further ahead of them.

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, Minton said:

I can only see a 4-4-2 with those players.

Odubajo, Lees, Pelupessy, Palmer

Harris, Bannan, Shaw, Reach

Windass, Paterson 

This but switch Pelupessy for Shaw.

After Chansiri’s comments around us only playing one up front would be surprised if we don’t play two up 

1 minute ago, not welsh owl said:

i can understand dunkley not playing but westwood,  strange very strange

Must be injured,been excellent on his return Westwood plays,instills confidence in the back line..Wildsmith doesnt do that..

1 minute ago, Jim said:

With Westwood, Dawson, Flint, Iorfa, Dunkley, Van Aken and Luongo all missing, if Thompson pulls off any sort of a result, it will be the achievement of our season so far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Westwood fans must be tearing their hair out though that he's out AGAIN and again it's during the xmas/new year period

Come on give it a rest!

Seriously, I know Westwood is coming to the latter end of his career and isn't our future, but he does instil a bit more confidence than Wildsmith and Dawson in the defence - and when our defence is makeshift like it is tonight that might have been a welcome addition.

That said i'm not overly critical of Wildsmith like some on here either.

• Like 1