Westwood out

18 minutes ago, Worthing_owl said:

If he was being rested why wasn't he on the bench as a backup? How often does the sub keeper actually come on? It all seems a bit odd to me.

Tiring work sitting on the bench, risks tweaking the shoulder.

37 minutes ago, Worthing_owl said:

If he was being rested why wasn't he on the bench as a backup? How often does the sub keeper actually come on? It all seems a bit odd to me.

If he wasn't been risked because of a slight groin tweak what's the point of putting him on the bench?

If he's fit to be on the bench and come on if needed, he would have started.

Jackson was on the bench as back up.

4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If he wasn't been risked because of a slight groin tweak what's the point of putting him on the bench?

I heard he was being rested not he had a tweak.

4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Plus if he was on the bench he’d have to warm up the same, do the drills etc in case he had to come on and be as good as ready to go so isn’t a full rest 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
On 01/01/2021 at 23:07, McRightSide said:

The lack of trust the players have in Wildsmith is so apparent though, I’ve never seen so many SWFC players defending inside the 6 yard box 

We have a massive Summer ahead of us on the goalkeeping front....

If we have the chance we should cut Wildsmith and Dawson loose - selfishly I f we could I would keep Dawson as a back up to an experienced #1 but I think he could be a number one eventually in league one or two at some point. But really we should let him attempt a proper career

Wildsmith won’t ever be a number one in the top 4 divisions.

Then...we need a #1 who can play 35+ games a season

Lol Dawson over Wildsmith? Haha

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I read somewhere that Thompson said he had felt a slight groin tweak so it was decided not to risk it.

Thompson said about Westwood and Dunkley being out.

'It was games catching up with them. Both of them have not had a lot of football in the last year. Chey hadn't played since February and then he played five games in a really short period of time.

Keiren felt his groin. He has had a lot of kicking to do and, at the end of the day, you can't take risks.

I don't think they're massively serious. We will see how they are next week. I'm hoping they are not long-term.'

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Thompson said about Westwood and Dunkley being out.

'It was games catching up with them. Both of them have not had a lot of football in the last year. Chey hadn't played since February and then he played five games in a really short period of time.

Keiren felt his groin. He has had a lot of kicking to do and, at the end of the day, you can't take risks.

I don't think they're massively serious. We will see how they are next week. I'm hoping they are not long-term.'

Dunkley tweeted before the match that he had a hamstring tear

Owlstalk Shop