Pulis wanted Sam Hutchinson back

He [Pulis] wanted Sam to come back. I didn't have any issue with that but of course I ask questions about his fitness and where he would fit in.

My philosophy all the time was whoever who is going to come and manage my team is how you are going to manage the squad.

Our squad needs to fit to the manager but of course you can bring a few players in. That's normal when a new manager comes in.

We still need to strengthen. Some loan players need to go back and we need to bring new ones in. We have no issue with the players.

I always support the coaches who come here.

When I interview all the coaches, the one who comes in, I am always transparent about our club and players so they are not surprised when they come.

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Some loan players need to go back. You mean Brown? We need so much more than a couple of loan players coming in. We needed players ready to sign as soon as the window opened. 

Marriott definitely and maybe Flint if poss?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He’s on about sending Flint back who was arguably our best defender before he got injured.

With Iorfa out it’d be mad to send him back surely. There’s an argument he only got injured because of poor management by Monk too. 

I thought Flint was back at his club ? True Monk played him three times in eight days after he hadn't played any football for a long time...what did he expect FFS

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I thought Flint was back at his club ? True Monk played him three times in eight days after he hadn't played any football for a long time...what did he expect FFS

He is but Harris said they needed to sit down and decide whether he was back at Cardiff or staying at Wednesday.

If he’s back fit in Feb it could take until then for us to sign a replacement. 

Flint will be on decent money, i'd be happy for us to use that elsewhere. 

In all seriousness, assuming we are signing Hutchinson anyway (which it sounds like we are from what DC said that theyre still speaking about getting that done)...

We have Lees, Dunkley, Borner to come back. Unfortunately Iorfa out for the season. Lees and Dunkley look well together and i'd be looking for that to be the first choice pairing this season now, so Hutchinson would make a 4th as back up if needed in dire circumstances. 

I'd much rather we save the big bucks on Flint if we can and sign a LB and a striker.

2 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

If Hutchinson jacked his current contract before he had a firm offer, then that's his own stupid fault.

surely there is no way he would ditch sunshine to come back here to a covid winter if he hadnt already signed a pre contract deal . chansiri says players can be signed before a new manager comes. id say 80% likely he will be here around jan 1st . if not then he must have 2-3 offers to choose from ,but where were these clubs last summer when he left remember it was mid june last time he trained here so had all summer to sort a move elsewhere. 

37 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Flint will be on decent money, i'd be happy for us to use that elsewhere. 

In all seriousness, assuming we are signing Hutchinson anyway (which it sounds like we are from what DC said that theyre still speaking about getting that done)...

We have Lees, Dunkley, Borner to come back. Unfortunately Iorfa out for the season. Lees and Dunkley look well together and i'd be looking for that to be the first choice pairing this season now, so Hutchinson would make a 4th as back up if needed in dire circumstances. 

I'd much rather we save the big bucks on Flint if we can and sign a LB and a striker.

if we play 3 then we can play him there , or 2 then as the sitting centre mid. if he is fit and there are no issues with anyone if he come back then its got to be done . 

• Like 1