Next 3...

7 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

6 points would be good. Coventry is the big one for me, I think Wycombe and Rotherham will be the bottom 2 so we need to make sure we catch Coventry. 

Agree Wycombe will be gone but this is as big as Coventry as these are the games we should and must win. Can't afford to lose this on the basis they'll be down as means we have to pick up points against the "tougher" teams. Have to beat all the bottom 1/3 teams to try and get out of the relegation zone and some breathing space - can't gift these teams points getting them closer to safety. 

• Thanks 1

we’ve put ourselves in a better position , 24 games left , 72 points to play for , window upcoming, with a bit of luck by the time we play Coventry we will have borner , flint , massimo back and a few additions and the squad will be looking well for the last 20 odd games , next 3 I hope for minimum 5 but ideally 6/7

Is this like that thread someone started saying we should get plenty of points against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe when we played them all in the space of 7 days and lost all 3?

Don't forget this team hasn't taken a win against ANY of the bottom 6. We've lost most of these important games. 

I'll be surprised if we get more than 4 points here. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Bannan suspended for Derby game?

Will be a huge loss, Derby game is a must not lose game. 

Yup he was apparently booked after the half time whistle, him and a boro player who got into a strop. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Might not get to the Wycombe game..season suspended / abandoned.

Need to beat Derby just in case.

on what basis would season be abandoned? all clubs would simply go bust ,a lot will anyway by next summer. there are still a few blank mid weeks after new year , and we will need to scrap the international breaks to fit another 3 games in. season can finish but it will need certain things to happen. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

on what basis would season be abandoned?

On the basis that the government says you ain't playing football.

Not saying that will happen but it must be a possibility.

The prem are already discussing a circuit break.

If schools / none essential shops etc close football would surely follow.

For smaller clubs, it is cheaper not to play than play in empty grounds and it's more than likely no crowds at all this season.

29 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

They wanted the game yesterday postponed and that was apparently risking a points deduction Warne said. They need to get through there games in hand ASAP incase they have anymore postponements 

Seems very unfair, especially if they can prove they have followed all the guidance. Peterborough in a similar situation. 

The whole thing is and will continue to get messy. Should clubs be penalised for having games postponed? Absolutely not. With cases rising everyday it’s inevitable clubs will be affected - in which case the efl/fa or whatever need to take action. Call me biased, but personally I’d happily take a break for the next few months until everyone has been given a vaccine. 

Forget about the euros, that’s gonna be called off completely especially with the world cup in 2022.