Next 3...

13 hours ago, s29wfc said:

We should easily finish above Rotherham and Wycombe over a full season even if we are shi*e and got beat by both, its that final place where us and 2 or 3 other teams are fighting it out not to be in.

Hope your right,but Rovrum murdered us when we played them,think they are capable of staying up imo

8 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Seems very unfair, especially if they can prove they have followed all the guidance. Peterborough in a similar situation. 

The whole thing is and will continue to get messy. Should clubs be penalised for having games postponed? Absolutely not. With cases rising everyday it’s inevitable clubs will be affected - in which case the efl/fa or whatever need to take action. Call me biased, but personally I’d happily take a break for the next few months until everyone has been given a vaccine. 

Forget about the euros, that’s gonna be called off completely especially with the world cup in 2022. 

I agree, but the powers-that-be have this whole “protecting the integrity of the competition” thing which seems to be ignoring the fact we’re in the mists of a global health crisis that may cause some activities to compromise their operations  for the next few months. Everyone seems so exited by the fact that football can continue that no one stopped to think whether it should.

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Yup he was apparently booked after the half time whistle, him and a boro player who got into a strop. 

I suspect he got on the phone to his missus with his best Rab C Nesbit impersonation straight after that booking and said;

"Nay drahma lov, med shur we can get peshed fur Hogmany on Thersday''

16 minutes ago, brando said:

Hope your right,but Rovrum murdered us when we played them,think they are capable of staying up imo

I wouldn't say they murdered us through quality, we were defensively horrific that night and the red card before half time didn't help. I'd be amazed if Rotherham finished above us over a full season.

IIRC when the EFL signed up to start the season, they also agreed that should the season become interrupted then final league placings would be calculated on a PPG basis, assuming our -6 would be pro rata'd the current table would be as follows:

19. QPR           P 22   Pts 21   =    0.955 ppg

20. Derby         P 21   Pts 19   =   0.905 ppg

21. SWFC        P 22   Pts 22 (less p/r deduction) -2.870 = 19.130 = 0.870 ppg

22. Forest        P 22   Pts 19   =   0.864 ppg

23. RUFC         P 20   Pts 16   =   0.800 ppg

24. Wycombe P 22   Pts 15   =   0.682 ppg

Given the worsening Covid19 situation, I can envisage pro-football being shut down fairly soon and depending for how long the closure is, that could be the end of the season. To me the Derby match really is 'must not lose' and because we can't let Rotherham or Forest better our result it becomes 'must win'.

Wednesday to beat Derby 2-0, league suspended, final table decided on PPG - Wednesday safe!

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

On the basis that the government says you ain't playing football.

Not saying that will happen but it must be a possibility.

The prem are already discussing a circuit break.

If schools / none essential shops etc close football would surely follow.

For smaller clubs, it is cheaper not to play than play in empty grounds and it's more than likely no crowds at all this season.

it wont happen ,neither will everyone who dont work for nhs or supermarkets be told arrest if you leave your home. 

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

?

what i mean is anyone in any job would have to stop while in tier 4 apart from nhs ,supermarket . but that is simply not feasible . we know that football isnt the most important thing but along with other jobs it would cost thousands of jobs and many go to the wall. that is absolute certain if football stopped now and season over. 

Just now, morganowl said:

what i mean is anyone in any job would have to stop while in tier 4 apart from nhs ,supermarket . but that is simply not feasible . we know that football isnt the most important thing but along with other jobs it would cost thousands of jobs and many go to the wall. that is absolute certain if football stopped now and season over. 

What if they had just a 1month lay off, with the hope of continuing.

Thousands of businesses have gone bust..

What if they continued with the prem, but stopped all other leagues...money from the prem promised.

I don't think it is certain football would carry on at all costs.