3 years ago today - Carlos got the sack

37 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Like Wilder, people found out his game plan, stopped it, then there was no plan B.

Just took people longer to work the pig out.

We will see whether Wilder has a Plan B, I suspect he will have though. Carlos definitely had a Plan B. 
After we were “found out” post Wembley, he devised something new, which actually got us to play offs again. We may not have liked Plan B, and in season three, he probably needed a Plan C, but he was a coach who definitely had more than one plan

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I think people need to admit they were wrong with some of the statements about CC; particularly the ones about him causing injuries. 

We’ve had a terrible record with injuries for years, still have them now. 

36 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

And I've still not got to the end of that Chansiri statement 

It doesn’t need Sherlock Holmes to work out what he was talking about. The financial shambles the clueless chairman   and his advisors have created; you cannot tell me CC wanted to sign Rhodes . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

It doesn’t need Sherlock Holmes to work out what he was talking about. The financial shambles the clueless chairman   and his advisors have created; you cannot tell me CC wanted to sign Rhodes . 

Semi colon on Owlstalk, get Shakespeare!

garymegson

Edited by Owls2k
  • Haha 3

Carlos gave us all some great memories, coupled with 2 very embarrassing ones. The football in the first season was a joy to watch, simple but effective. But in season 3 he was taking us towards the bottom of this league. Right that he left and shouldn’t come back whilst this owner is in charge. 
I can’t believe he ever wanted Rhodes (Or another striker having just bought Winnall) and now wonder had he been able to spend that on a Hourihane / Cairney type of player that we would have gone up automatically that season. 

• Like 1

Charlatan of a manager.  Would say what you wanted to hear and people lapped it up.  He’s partially responsible along with the plank of a “businessman” “ did I tell you how loaded I am” “I own the world’s tuna so you should be grateful” Chansiri.