Preston NE - V - Wednesday omdt

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And similarly there will be posters drooling over how great Pulis has got us playing and how it wasn't a red card

lol

Not seen any yet. Just the same usual biases. Not a bad first half. Determined and solid following an appallingly stupid foul by windass. 

For the red, pretty sure there doesn't have to be "intent", it just has to be dangerous, which it clearly was.

We can argue all day about whether the game has changed for the worse. But in the current game, that is an idiotic challenge. Really stupid. I do wonder about the general footballing intelligence of our current squad. 

Game has been ruined. But not by the ref for that decision. Whatever game plan we had, went out the window because of the stupidity of Windass' challenge. 

• Like 3

Just now, Frazzlebeak said:

Because we only have only 10 players on the pitch. I see simple maths is beyond you so it’s pointless exercise conversing with you.

A player was sent of as the referee made a decision based on his opinion, that doesn't mean it was the correct decision or that others can't disagree...

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

My hope is that he gets us to play with some intelligence.

Fed up with watching players make poor decisions, shoot when they should pass and vice versa, give stupid fouls away, pick up ridiculous cards, get on the wrong side of the ref from the start and basically playing like school kids.

Be strong, be competitive but 

use your brain , stop being naive.

As I said, sheer stupidity 

8 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

The Preston player went down rolling about and holding his face like Rivaldo. 

No contact to his face by Windass whatsoever.

Modern game I guess. 

Tbf Windass realised he'd mis-timed the challenge and pulled out. Yellow would have been right. 

No malice or intent that I could see. 

100% red card

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Rather than silly tot for tat rubbish conversation about what monk would or wouldn’t do , let’s discuss this match . 
team are doing alright despite being down to ten . We look solid . Luongo yet again our best player . Defending well . Really , really need a forward 

We’ve missed Luongo.

Just now, slinger208b said:

A player was sent of as the referee made a decision based on his opinion, that doesn't mean it was the correct decision or that others can't disagree...

It’s doesnt matter what we think we are down to 10 men. It’s a simple concept but apparently to complicated for you.

Really impressed with our organisation and work-rate.

Easy to imagine that we will be a very difficult team with eleven men.

It would be great for moral and team spirit to hold out with 10 men. It would fill them with confidence compared to the quivering wrecks we’d become defending a lead under Monk.

If we could fashion and take a chance wow that would be a season-changing day. 

• Like 2