Preston NE - V - Wednesday omdt

I hope the people claiming the red card was correct are doing so in the context of today's game being full of crap referees that give reds out like these every other week. That's fair enough.

It shouldn't be a red though, there was zero malice in the challenge and the force of the contact was minimal. Utterly nonsense decision.

There was no "serious foul play" there. Come on ffs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That sending off was not even worth a second glance, never mind anything more, in a genuine game of football. But it's not a genuine game of football. No professional "football game" is, any more. It's a poncified spectacle for cretinous TV pundits to verbally rub over. Shamefully, most are ex-footballers themselves, who have taken 30 pieces of silver.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)

denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)

serious foul play

biting or spitting at someone

violent conduct

using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

receiving a second caution in the same match

entering the video operation room (VOR)

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

You used the same list as me. They are the laws of the game. You have proved  you know how to make text bold. Congratulations but what’s your point? 

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone who thinks this isn’t a red is absolutely off their head

What a numpty Windass is

78D07237-44A3-4129-9B7D-8FEB7A215DBB.jpeg

Looks far worse in a still frame than it actually was given the height of the ball.  Given how dirty PNE have been over the last few years against us I hope Pulis tells Windass off for leaving his foot there and not following through and taking the Preston player out

Just now, VictoryBell said:

That sending off was not even worth a second glance, never mind anything more, in a genuine game of football. But it's not a genuine game of football. No professional "football game" is, any more. It's a poncified spectacle for cretinous TV pundits to verbally rub over. Shamefully, most are ex-footballers themselves, who have taken 30 pieces of silver.

For "rub" I actually typed "m@sturbate". What words does the language police not object to?