Westwood Joins the squad.

1 minute ago, Sambo89 said:

Why rightly? 

That’s what I’m trying to find out? I thought it was just Monk throwing his weight around when he came to the club. He did it at every other club before coming to us. Basically telling some senior players that they weren’t part of his system and making them play in the U-23’s.

26 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Be a massive risk to throw him straight in. He’s not played a match for months, surely its better to play him in the u23s for a couple of games first. Plus, Wildsmith has actually done okay since he was brought back in. 

If Dawson was still playing, I’d chuck westwood in but I just don’t think its worth risking. There’s also the increased risk of getting an injury given his lack of games, especially at his age.

If he was an outfield player I’d agree but as long as he’s not injured he should go straight in 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

So it seems it was definitely the managers decision to not have Westwood in the squad and wasn’t from outside interference. 

Think it's a case of TP been in total charge of football matters with absolute no interference from the boardroom, just how it should be. 

Guest Jack the Hat
33 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Glad he’s back.....but

.....contract is up a the end of the year. It will be the Wednesday way to sideline a big wages player for 2 seasons, only to bring him back in his final year for him to play out of his skin and end up offering him another big money contract. 

lol

But with the extra premier league revenue we should be ok .

Guest Kagoshimaowl

No brainer. Westwood starts! I’m so glad he’s back. This whole situation has been a joke and has contributed to Mink getting axed!

32 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very good news. Will be be ready to be thrown straight in though? Perhaps a week or 2 further training with the 1st team first? 

Thing is hes been trying with them since monk gone so had a couple of week so happy days perfect timing for the international break 

7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No brainer. Westwood starts! I’m so glad he’s back. This whole situation has been a joke and has contributed to Mink getting axed!

This Mink? 

image.png.2686f97f0363a5e8294e778bfbf06fa9.png

Glad he's gone now horrible looking thing...

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Be a massive risk to throw him straight in. He’s not played a match for months, surely its better to play him in the u23s for a couple of games first. Plus, Wildsmith has actually done okay since he was brought back in. 

If Dawson was still playing, I’d chuck westwood in but I just don’t think its worth risking. There’s also the increased risk of getting an injury given his lack of games, especially at his age.

I take your point but he’s a goalkeeper and not a box to box midfielder. If he’s going to pull a calf or hamstring he’s gonna do it when he normally does it.... in the warm up.

Hopefully he’s been keeping himself relatively fit training with the Under 12’s .