Westwood Joins the squad.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Or....

He's (rightly) banished from the first team, new manager comes in, he comes back in, plays as well as he can do to then sod off to another team as fast as he can in January

What has Westwood done to (rightly) be “banished”? Seriously some right stuff thrown his way over the last year, would love to be a bit more ITK about what he did?

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl

Doesn’t deserve to walk straight back in, Wildsmith has done nothing wrong.

We’ve had 5 clean sheets in 11 games, at that rate we will break Westwood’s joint clean sheet record over the season.

10 goals conceded in 11 games while missing majority of our better defenders in 4/5 of those games.

To me our problems are further up the pitch and not keeper/ defence.

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Be a massive risk to throw him straight in. He’s not played a match for months, surely its better to play him in the u23s for a couple of games first. Plus, Wildsmith has actually done okay since he was brought back in. 

If Dawson was still playing, I’d chuck westwood in but I just don’t think its worth risking. There’s also the increased risk of getting an injury given his lack of games, especially at his age.

Pulis has already said he is number 1, thank god common sense has prevailed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slow83 said:

What has Westwood done to (rightly) be “banished”? Seriously some right stuff thrown his way over the last year, would love to be a bit more ITK about what he did?

Haven't you heard what happened last Christmas.? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Yes, "no disrespect to the young keepers but he is one of the best keepers in this league, can I be any more honest than that".

To me that says he is back in the starting 11.

That doesn't say he is No1, your interpretation maybe.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Sounds like he will, if you listen to his first set of interviews. " In my opinion, he's the best keeper in this division and I think he should play, can I be more honest than that?" is my recollection of what he said...

Yes he did, looking forward to the team he puts out Saturday but certainly feel Westwood is a definite start.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It was quite clear and not open to interpretation at all, he is our number 1.

You stated "Pulis has already said he is number 1" I just asked when or where he said it as I hadn't heard it.

Your answer should have been "he didn't say those actual words, but I believe that is what he meant" 

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

You stated "Pulis has already said he is number 1" I just asked when or where he said it as I hadn't heard it.

Your answer should have been "he didn't say those actual words, but I believe that is what he meant" 

Let's just say he's is our number 1, listen to his interview with Radio Sheffield.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I didn't think he could be registered until January.?

They was 1 or 2 vocal folk on here saying that appears yet again they where wrong.

Hope he's like the Westwood we all remember as a lot seem to have either selective memory with the number of goals/mistakes he made before he was dropped and the last time he was dropped or don't actually go to games.

• Like 2