Westwood Joins the squad.

Wildsmith, in my opinion, has done nothing to be dropped regardless of the change in management

I can just see a situation come end of season if he plays as no. 1 where Westwood shoots off to America/Australia/Cyprus and Dawson and Wildsmith both state they want to leave and we have no keepers on the books.

4 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Wildsmith, in my opinion, has done nothing to be dropped regardless of the change in management

I can just see a situation come end of season if he plays as no. 1 where Westwood shoots off to America/Australia/Cyprus and Dawson and Wildsmith both state they want to leave and we have no keepers on the books.

That would be ideal because we'd be forced to make getting a proper keeper in that's up to the standard of the division.

But in any case, mind, both Dawson and Wildsmith would be under contract so they'd be going nowhere until we'd have Westwood's successor in place.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Dawson was saying this summer that he needed to go out on loan or something because he is now too old to be lingering on the bench etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nooo don’t mention the Christmas party. I heard Westwood turned up early and pulled all the crackers by himself before anyone else arrived. Monk was fuming!!!

Jesus what an animal. No wonder he was frozen out. How can his team mates even bear to look at him.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dawson was saying this summer that he needed to go out on loan or something because he is now too old to be lingering on the bench etc

He were on loan at Chezzie in 2017 weren't he.

Then he got emergency recalled at the 12th hour dint he.

Round about Christmas time...

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Was surprised Pulis said what he did about the goalkeeper situation, he definitely seems a manager that says what he thinks. Can’t imagine it will have done the confidence of Wildsmith and Dawson much good though. I’m pleased it looks like Westwood will come back in to the team though. 

Difficult situation for TP

Wildsmith has played well since being recalled.

Westwood has often had an allergic reaction to the plastic that subs benches are made out of.

I suspect Westwood  - its either number 1 or number 3. 

So - I think you keep Wildsmith in, Dawson on bench until Wildsmith gives a reason to be dropped.  Then, and only then, is Westwood recalled assuming he is fit and ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a farce.

I would suggest a top priority is to get a new keeper in the summer.

Westwood...he's back...again. Let's see how he does, but I'm not sure it would be wise to keep him around after this season.

• Thanks 1

It's a massive gamble to put him straight back in, but it tells you more about how Pulis feels about Wildsmith and Dawson I think.

Although Wildsmith has kept a couple of clean sheets he's been shaky and Dawson, well, did his usual thing of turning gash after 5 games.

Personally I would try and find Dawson and Wildsmith loan clubs for the second half of the season, sign up Lee Camp to warm the bench and have an academy keeper as the third one in the matchday squad. Personally I think Dawson and WIldsmith are finished at this level, so I would also sell if we could.

It will also be interesting to see who Pulis names on the bench if Westwood does start.

This makes me chuckle.

Monk: I know what it takes to build a winning changing room, you have to make tough decisions. We need the right characters and mentalities to create a winning culture.

Drops Westwood

Presides over historically bad run of form

Pulis: I want winners.

Immediately re-instates Westwood.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Difficult situation for TP

Wildsmith has played well since being recalled.

Westwood has often had an allergic reaction to the plastic that subs benches are made out of.

I suspect Westwood  - its either number 1 or number 3. 

So - I think you keep Wildsmith in, Dawson on bench until Wildsmith gives a reason to be dropped.  Then, and only then, is Westwood recalled assuming he is fit and ready.

Wildsmith:

- was lucky not to concede from a massive howler against Wycombe

- was shaky against Bournemouth (fumbled a simple header, bottled a 1on1 and was saved by Boerner, got away with a dodgy kick and a dodgy throw). It was the worst clean sheet performance I think i've ever seen.

- was fine with nothing to do against Millwall, but kicked poorly all game

To say he's 'played well' is a massive overstatement of his impact.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I would be very shocked if Westwood doesn't start for us on Saturday.

I would be very shocked if he did start, so far Wildsmith is doing well and unless he has a drop in form I don't think he'll be immediately replaced.

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would be very shocked if he did start, so far Wildsmith is doing well and unless he has a drop in form I don't think he'll be immediately replaced.

Think the past has been disregarded now - fresh start for everyone. I believe Westwood will be picked. I would pick him myself

21 hours ago, William 1867 said:

I thought you had said in the past that Westwood had gone and not coming back.

Well he’s back thank god.

Is he? lets see WW 36 now,& his form in my view wasnt allegedly anything to shout about..when he was dropped...

• Like 2