Westwood Joins the squad.

Still believe Westwood is our best keeper, but on face of it seems bold to play him Saturday after so long out and not training with the first team.

But Pulis won’t pick him if he’s not ready I suppose. He will know from training where he’s at. So who are we to judge without that inside knowledge I guess!

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Pulis says how good Westwood is, but hadn’t been working for 18 months and I guess didn’t pay a huge amount to the goings on at S6 in that time. 
Some are saying Westwood being banished was clearly a management issue of Monks,  but (and I know he is not a favourite) Jos also left him out.

I also think if either Dawson or Wildsmith had made the mistakes Westwood did during his last run of games they would have been called from pillar to post. Not to mention Westwood’s unlucky ability to get injured in warm ups that remain mysterious .

One final point I would imagine Pulis wants to get the going moving quickly and let’s face it the time Westwood takes to rake a goal kick could well be challenging.

At the end of the day we all want Wednesday to win so if he picks Westwood I hope it works out 

• Like 2

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

FFS how many times 

Westwood is the best player currently under contract at SWFC

Aside from that he’s box office and the one remaining player I don’t begrudge paying my £640 a season to watch 

I'm happy to see him back because I do believe he's a best keeper and probably by some distance.

Having said that, I think we should all agree that if he finds himself training with the reserves in a couple of months time then he probably is a c@ckwomble..... lol

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I'd like to know where people would rate Westwood against top keepers in this league. 

Nobody - including Pulis - can possibly know this as he's spent a full year out of the picture

In any industry that would put you in a very strange position - but one relying on your reflexes and focus is even more of an issue

We can only watch, see, and assess

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

And two month down the line the efl  will lose the paper working saying we can register and fine us for playing an unregistered player lol

The parallel is them sending us the paperwork and us forgetting to fill it in until it’s too late.