OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

5 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Was so relieved to see the inept Monk go but feel very deflated by this latest appointment. 

He'll be better than Monk so that's a positive but that's hardly reason to be ecstatic.

Just all feels like a perfect opportunity missed but what do you expect from such a backwards thinking club as ours.

Enjoy your football and get ready for the next managerial merry-go-round at Hillsborough in the summer.

SUMMER!! I can't wait that long.

I want to know how people think we are going to grind out 1 nils. We can't bloody score and Pulis isn't someone who is renowned for getting players to score. 

Hopefully I am proved wrong but can't see it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Wednesday are not a steady ship.

I don't iike the kind of manager Pulis is, but if he keeps up his record of not having a club relegated, I for one right now will be very happy.

People slate his football, but how many Pulis type players do we have on our books right now?   He has a choice, try to turn them into harder more disciplined players - which ain't a problem to me, or he has to adapt.      The latter option is probably not on the cards.

I've also got half a mind on the fact we won't return to the stands this season, so is percentage and calculated football going to be a problem to me right now?   Nope.

I fear for a couple of players.   Bannan and Reach may be out of the door in the next window, i think Palmer and odubajo may be on his list to try to clear out too but I don't know if there would be takers for them

It's done though, what can we do?   Hope for the best and hope it comes off.

I don’t think any player will be out of the door this season. I think Pulis will use every half decent player available to him. 

• Like 1

There isn’t one anti- Pulis poster on here, that has put forward a credible alternative. Why do alleged “supporters “ hunt him down before we see what he might do. I wouldn’t want to start a new job, with so many baying for my blood. What possible benefit does it have for the club?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

No we are not brave enough, other forward thinking clubs manage it.

Yep I agree to a certain degree but let's not forget we've had massive issues on and off the pitch! They've still not been dealt with fully. We habe to have someone who knows what they're doing. Let's get ourselves to league contenders, get our finances in order and then try again.

Pulis wouldn't be my first choice but he knows the game inside out just like Warnock! 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

It's football not life or death! 

I can no longer watch football blah blah blah... get a grip! 

Exactly its only football. Which is exactly why many wont bother to watch.

In my opinion there is simply no enjoyment in watching a Pulis team play. So I'll simply do something else instead.

• Haha 1

Just now, Marc Degryse said:

Did i miss the 20 years of exciting football? The guy is a premiership manager and will do a job. Give him a chance ffks. 

No you didn't but the little bit of excitement we did have came from a manager who is portrayed by some as the anti-christ

Speaks volumes

Good luck Big Tone

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

There isn’t one anti- Pulis poster on here, that has put forward a credible alternative. Why do alleged “supporters “ hunt him down before we see what he might do. I wouldn’t want to start a new job, with so many baying for my blood. What possible benefit does it have for the club?

Before he has signed i understand it a bit. Perhaps Chansiri will see some of it and may be put off. 

But after whats the point. May aswell get behind him. Chansiri ain't changing his mind then is he.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Who would have thought Jack Charlton would have come in our position, same with Big Ron. Fortune tends to favour the brave.

Tony Pulis’s teams play the same way that Big Jack’s did; so by that token, we’ve made a good appointment. 

• Like 1