OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

He isn't going to be bullied out after a few games because of people posting crap on twitter. What does that do apart from make a hard job even harder.

He'll get us up the table and that's what's important at the moment.We can worry about next season,next season.

We have to get behind him until he proves what a rubbish job everyone thinks he's going to do.

The last 20 years have been mostly poor so no manager is guaranteed to be successful. Maybe it might take someone like Pulis who you don't expect much from to actually deliver.

Got to give the bloke a chance before spitting the dummy out.

• Like 5

Just now, shandypants said:

We are next to bottom in the league with a squad that’s littered with ordinary players and some of our fans are wanting a manager that will get us up the table while playing entertaining football and also turning their nose up at a manager that is arguably the most experienced in all of the professional English leagues. 

It’s astounding really when you think about it. 

2 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Decent appointment in terms of staying in this division. I think everyone knows what they’re getting rather than a left field appointment and having to spend 6 weeks getting to know what’s what.

I quite like the thought of him shouting at the players, giving them a rocket etc. Good luck TP......you’ll need it. UTO

Same. Don’t think he’d stand for any shyte & wud even be prepared to clip em round the ear! 

8 minutes ago, striker said:

*Flounce alert*

Right ladies and gentlemen, this appointment has me just about done. I've been a supporter for 40+ years, but I can't support Pulis. I have more respect for myself than to set the bar so low and waste my hard earned money on this man and what could only loosely be described as football. They say it's the hope that kills you and that's just about expired with this appointment, all that remains is futility. 

The club isn't the one I fell in love with, it's now just a transactional relationship to give money to an egomaniacal owner who has lost touch with the people who are the lifeblood of the club and runs it for his own personal pleasure in blissful ignorance of the fans.

I've tried to find the positives in this, but just dont have the energy. In my time I've supported the club through some really dark times, as well as good, but of late there are only brief periods of joy punctuating prolonged periods of frustration,  disappointment and some embarrassment, and this is the final straw.

We, as fans should expect better, we dont expect miracles but have a reasonable expectation to be entertained, that after all is the underpinning principle of why we watch football. I dont buy the delusion of the greater good necessitating this abhorrent appointment, but do feel the contempt shown by it. It is now my sincere hope that Mr Mr Chansiri seeks an exit from the club at the earliest opportunity.

For those few of you accepting of Pulis, no need to tell me I'm not a true fan and you are, I've made peace with my decision, which wasn't an easy one but stand true to my word. I wish the club well, but this is a journey I'll  sit out and wait with interest for the club to be run as a professional sports club, rather than a hobby and done with the clubs best interests at heart. 

It saddens me what's coming and the damage Pulis will do. For those of you complicit in accepting Pulis, dont say you weren't warned from multiple sources. Opinion is a prerogative, but dont forget your words of welcome for Pulis when you are calling for his head in a few months. 

Enjoy your 'football' 

Striker, out. Bye!

(Mods, feel free to delete my account, time for a little break after 15 years on here)

Superb post. We will regret this for years unless he, hopefully,  is a disaster and bu55ers off sharpish.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Best appointment in 30 years.

Well done Chansiri. 

Ignore the moaners, they’re under the illusion that the football has been anything short of terrible for the last 25 years.

You couldn’t be more wrong. The reason we dislike this appointment is that it’s almost as if the past 25 years have been building up to this. Sick of tedious football? Maybe you’ll love ultra-tedious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

We are next to bottom in the league with a squad that’s littered with ordinary players and some of our fans are wanting a manager that will get us up the table while playing entertaining football while turning their nose up at a manager that is arguably the most experienced in all of the professional lEnglish leagues. 

It’s astounding really when you think about it. 

Laughable innit. 

• Like 2

Not my choice as to who I'd want managing us, but gets my support.

Good luck TP! 

You'll fecking well need it this season mate. 

Maybe he is the manage we need to really give the club a good shake up, just feels like a final pay day to me, happy to be proved wrong though.

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

Gets my full backing as every other SWFC manager does, lots of experience and a fighter.

Lets see what he can do

How dare you ! 😁