OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

We are a complete basket case

Make one good decision 

Make one bad decision 

And Chansiri comes out in an interview and spouts off about social media comments

Read the room DC - the majority of this fanbase think you’ve dropped a clanger and you could’ve seen this over the past week online

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

*Flounce alert*

Right ladies and gentlemen, this appointment has me just about done. I've been a supporter for 40+ years, but I can't support Pulis. I have more respect for myself than to set the bar so low and waste my hard earned money on this man and what could only loosely be described as football. They say it's the hope that kills you and that's just about expired with this appointment, all that remains is futility. 

The club isn't the one I fell in love with, it's now just a transactional relationship to give money to an egomaniacal owner who has lost touch with the people who are the lifeblood of the club and runs it for his own personal pleasure in blissful ignorance of the fans.

I've tried to find the positives in this, but just dont have the energy. In my time I've supported the club through some really dark times, as well as good, but of late there are only brief periods of joy punctuating prolonged periods of frustration,  disappointment and some embarrassment, and this is the final straw.

We, as fans should expect better, we dont expect miracles but have a reasonable expectation to be entertained, that after all is the underpinning principle of why we watch football. I dont buy the delusion of the greater good necessitating this abhorrent appointment, but do feel the contempt shown by it. It is now my sincere hope that Mr Mr Chansiri seeks an exit from the club at the earliest opportunity.

For those few of you accepting of Pulis, no need to tell me I'm not a true fan and you are, I've made peace with my decision, which wasn't an easy one but stand true to my word. I wish the club well, but this is a journey I'll  sit out and wait with interest for the club to be run as a professional sports club, rather than a hobby and done with the clubs best interests at heart. 

It saddens me what's coming and the damage Pulis will do. For those of you complicit in accepting Pulis, dont say you weren't warned from multiple sources. Opinion is a prerogative, but dont forget your words of welcome for Pulis when you are calling for his head in a few months. 

Enjoy your 'football' 

Striker, out. Bye!

(Mods, feel free to delete my account, time for a little break after 15 years on here)

What a great post!  Whatever your perspective on Pulis, how anyone can laugh at this heartfelt view is beyond me.  For me it’s a sad day when genuine supporters start to feel this way - I can relate to so much of this, but not sure I could express my own emotions quite so eloquently.

• Haha 1

Looking forward to seeing some structure to how we play. Don't care if it's passing or hoofball so long as it's hoofball played right. Monk tried everything but didn't have a clue how to correctly do it. I trust pulis to implement a style and do it well. Whether we like that style is another thing.

1 minute ago, johnnybalsace said:

Let’s hope he kicks us on like Wilko, tight at the back, strong players and with fast pressing football, getting the ball into the box and players bombing up the pitch to chase it, Bazza as a 10, smashing in Callum’s knockdowns. Well, let’s see, I can dream...

Have you seen how many goals his teams score, how many chances they create? It’s nothing like Wilko. It’s a mix of long ball, rugby kicking for touch and the Italian defensive attitude of the 70s. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

We are a complete basket case

Make one good decision 

Make one bad decision 

And Chansiri comes out in an interview and spouts off about social media comments

Read the room DC - the majority of this fanbase think you’ve dropped a clanger and you could’ve seen this over the past week online

Are you sure about that? 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on. They’ll be the first to praise him if he wins a couple in the row as well. You’ve just got to laugh at them and their stupidity. 

This is true, and the funny part is they won’t even realise we’re talking about them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Looking forward to seeing some structure to how we play. Don't care if it's passing or hoofball so long as it's hoofball played right. Monk tried everything but didn't have a clue how to correctly do it. I trust pulis to implement a style and do it well. Whether we like that style is another thing.

This. We will finally have an identity. 

• Like 2

Wednesday are not a steady ship.

I don't iike the kind of manager Pulis is, but if he keeps up his record of not having a club relegated, I for one right now will be very happy.

People slate his football, but how many Pulis type players do we have on our books right now?   He has a choice, try to turn them into harder more disciplined players - which ain't a problem to me, or he has to adapt.      The latter option is probably not on the cards.

I've also got half a mind on the fact we won't return to the stands this season, so is percentage and calculated football going to be a problem to me right now?   Nope.

I fear for a couple of players.   Bannan and Reach may be out of the door in the next window, i think Palmer and odubajo may be on his list to try to clear out too but I don't know if there would be takers for them

It's done though, what can we do?   Hope for the best and hope it comes off.

• Like 2