OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

I’m really pleased. 

We’ve had some awful managers recently and there were some equally awful ones being linked.

It won’t be pretty but it will be effective. I’m more than happy with that for 18months. I’ll be surprised if we don’t challenge next season. This season is a huge challenge for him as our forwards are goal-shy.

Im now really looking forward to Preston-Swansea-Stoke.

Can’t wait. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, striker said:

*Flounce alert*

Right ladies and gentlemen, this appointment has me just about done. I've been a supporter for 40+ years, but I can't support Pulis. I have more respect for myself than to set the bar so low and waste my hard earned money on this man and what could only loosely be described as football. They say it's the hope that kills you and that's just about expired with this appointment, all that remains is futility. 

The club isn't the one I fell in love with, it's now just a transactional relationship to give money to an egomaniacal owner who has lost touch with the people who are the lifeblood of the club and runs it for his own personal pleasure in blissful ignorance of the fans.

I've tried to find the positives in this, but just dont have the energy. In my time I've supported the club through some really dark times, as well as good, but of late there are only brief periods of joy punctuating prolonged periods of frustration,  disappointment and some embarrassment, and this is the final straw.

We, as fans should expect better, we dont expect miracles but have a reasonable expectation to be entertained, that after all is the underpinning principle of why we watch football. I dont buy the delusion of the greater good necessitating this abhorrent appointment, but do feel the contempt shown by it. It is now my sincere hope that Mr Mr Chansiri seeks an exit from the club at the earliest opportunity.

For those few of you accepting of Pulis, no need to tell me I'm not a true fan and you are, I've made peace with my decision, which wasn't an easy one but stand true to my word. I wish the club well, but this is a journey I'll  sit out and wait with interest for the club to be run as a professional sports club, rather than a hobby and done with the clubs best interests at heart. 

It saddens me what's coming and the damage Pulis will do. For those of you complicit in accepting Pulis, dont say you weren't warned from multiple sources. Opinion is a prerogative, but dont forget your words of welcome for Pulis when you are calling for his head in a few months. 

Enjoy your 'football' 

Striker, out. Bye!

(Mods, feel free to delete my account, time for a little break after 15 years on here)

Sorry to hear that mate, I'm slowly falling out of love with the game and with my club so understand where you are coming from.

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
48 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I see this as a victory for TCOM. TP is a great mate of HIM. 

Welcome aboard Tone. 

garymegson

Absolutely.

Maybe it's time to set up TCOP? 

garymegson

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No announcement on his backroom staff yet.

Praying for Megson. What a dream team that would be. 

More like one of my night terrors. Mind you, with those at least I wake up & every thing is ok. A Pulis & Megson partnership would be like a real life Waking Dead.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

His record says tedium is nigh. 

His record says we are incredibly lucky to have him.

The first manager that has actually had success in the top tier since Big Ron.

Most hopeful I’ve been in 25 years.

I’m Chansiri’s biggest critic, but credit where it’s due, he’s pulled off an absolute blinder.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
54 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Hurrah.

Welcome Tony, prove half of us right, and the other half wrong please.

UTO

Either way he’s gonna probe half of us right so he can’t fail!

34 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Once again I find myself uninspired by DC recruitment.. 

Pulis is probably a more credible addition to our club than Monk was, but it’s hardly dynamic or progressive.. 

However I love my club, our club, and as such I will continue to be as positive as I can be and support anyone wearing the badge. With that in mind I’ll judge the football we play once I’ve seen it

This is all that needs to be said really.

No hysteria needed. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

His record says we are incredibly lucky to have him.

The first manager that has actually had success in the top tier since Big Ron.

Most hopeful I’ve been in 25 years.

I’m Chansiri’s biggest critic, but credit where it’s due, he’s pulled off an absolute blinder.

His recent record says he failed at Boro and was despised there. 

As for you being Chansiri’s biggest critic......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1