How many of your friends/family support Sheffield Wednesday?

My son is not a big football fan but if asked he would say he is a Wednesday fan. No one else in the family is interested in football.

There is no one that I see/saw in person (pre pandemic) who is a Wednesday fan.

I have online friends who are Wednesdayites and this includes old school friends and some I have become friendly with because they are Wednesday..

Friends from around here are a mixed bunch supporting their hometown teams or Oxford Utd or, as Jesus says, ManU and Liverpool.

Work colleagues, there are a mix of those who support teams for a good reason (Bournemouth, Derby, Fulham, Arsenal) and being in London there are plenty of Arsenal and Spurs fans.

There are a few that support Liverpool and ManU that are not from there.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I'm the only Wednesday fan I know.

All Man Utd, Liverpool and London club fans down here

Likewise, I am the only Wednesday fan.

The rest of my family/friends are forest, spurs (2 randomly), Notts County.

Uni mates range from Coventry, Palace to Bolton and Everton - a fine mix! 

• Love 1

My old man got me into Wednesday, sister was never into footy and she lives near Brighton so the niece supports Brighton

Few of my old schoolmates, others supporting United, Leeds

Live in London now with the mrs who is a Londoner and comes from an Arsenal family, the 3-0 cup win was a particularly great time down here.

Work colleagues mostly support West Ham, Chelsea & Spurs, with the odd Palace, Charlton & Millwall fan thrown in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Originally from Sheffield, Grandad (died before I was born) was at the 35 cup final, every single cousin, uncle or sibling is Wednesday. In the house there are four of us all Wednesday through and through.

Friends round here include a sizeable number of Rams, 3 pigs have suddenly appeared over the last couple of seasons, dozen or so fellow Owls one Grimsby fan, one Evertonian, and because we are in the middle of nowhere a proportion of Liverpool, Tottenham and Man Utd fans

WAWAW

• Love 1

I was a Wednesdayite before my father...he took me to a lot of matches 1967 to about 1974 when I went away to college. He kept on going and eventually became a season ticket holder on the Kop...my attendance was sporadic as I moved to London and then to Cornwall. Mother was an Owls fan just because father was and it gave her something to talk to him about I suspect.

My nephew is a Wednesdayite, he got us tickets for the play off final in Cardiff which is about the last time we went to a match together. Sadly his brother, my other nephew, was turned to the dark side and has been crowing quite a bit for the last two seasons...not so much this season though😀

my oldest son ‘Big Rob’ is a Barnet fan as that’s where he grew up and we only had a 10 minute walk to their ground when they played at Underhill. He also supports Liverpool from a distance. 
When Argyle were in the championship or league one at the same time as Wednesday we would go to Home Park together to see them play, and the same if Barnet were playing there in League Two a few years back. We could be back there again soon the way Argyle are playing at the moment, but that’ll depend on us staying up this season. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you surrounded by Owls or do you have people in your sphere that support other clubs?

Also - how many folks do you know that support Premier League teams like Man United, Liverpool etc that should be supporting their local teams?

Starting to sound like Alan Lee. Plenty of wednesdayites not from Sheffield myself included. Anyone should be free to support whoever they like regardless of location. I've never had an issue with people choosing man utd, liverpool etc.