How many of your friends/family support Sheffield Wednesday?

I think I was destined to stay a Wednesdayite from about the age of 11 as all my school mates were wednesdayites too. A few of them were in the Mosborough supporters club so I used to get on their coaches to away games as well like an fa cup tie at Tottenham and a replay at Villa against Crystal Palace I think.

Also Albert Clayton was our Ridgeway Boys manager and he used to take me and other lads all over watching Wednesday around 1969/72..Anfield, Old Trafford, Maine Road, Bolton, Notts County, Florist, Hull, Leeds. Great bloke Albert, saw him at mother’s funeral and just before she died when I was up there visiting.. still spinning a good yarn about following the Owls when he was younger. 
He’s  in that book “Wednesday every day of the week”.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

All my family are owls and the vast majority of my mates. Got a couple of pig mates but they don't go down to the sty so not even football fans in my eyes. Got a knobhěad neighbour whose always spouting about manure n old Trafford. I asked him how many games he'd been to? NONE. Try not to speak to him now. 

My son is a Wednesday fan, used to go regularly when he was a student in Sheffield but now I think he’s starting to resent me for saddling him with such a team.  Wife and daughter say they support Wednesday to humour me.

Started going in 1970, my dad would take me to see both teams, my uncle took me to Hillsborough and my cousin took me to the Lane.  Most of my mates in Sheffield are Owls, with one Everton fan and best mate is a Blade.

• Love 1

All my family support Wednesday. Bar none. As for friends, there's the usual Man U/ Liverpool glory hunters but around my area there's Owls/Pigs/Barnsley/Leeds/Mini Pigs and a few Donny. Dearne Valley is quite good for having fans of different clubs, there is no particular loyalty to one club. It is a sh1th0le though.

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

All my family are owls and the vast majority of my mates. Got a couple of pig mates but they don't go down to the sty so not even football fans in my eyes. Got a knobhěad neighbour whose always spouting about manure n old Trafford. I asked him how many games he'd been to? NONE. Try not to speak to him now. 

:ph34r: lol 

Wife is a Wednesday fan because she knows how much it means to me.

Two daughters couldn’t give a fig about football but always get me something Wednesday for Christmas and Birthday.

One son in law is a Liverpool fan but has love for Wednesday because he’s come along with me and has really enjoyed being in with the Wednesday fans.. the other son in law is Australian so it’s irrelevant what he thinks as he’s only just learned to use a knife and fork.

As for Man Yoo and Liverpool “ fans” I never waste my time talking  with them as their football knowledge is so limited.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you surrounded by Owls or do you have people in your sphere that support other clubs?

Also - how many folks do you know that support Premier League teams like Man United, Liverpool etc that should be supporting their local teams?

Why should people have to support their local team?

Late dad's side of family originally from Crookes. He passed support to me and in turn I'm passing it onto my son. His first time at Hillsborough was when we were beaten 4-0 by Norwich a couple of seasons ago which was perfect prep for a lifetime of being an Owl. Sometimes it's very difficult to keep him engaged when results are so poor and his friends' teams are in the Champions League but bless him he's stuck with it. One friend supports Forest but everyone else I know whether family or friends who are into football support Man Utd, Liverpool or one of the big London clubs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sternlad said:

I think I was destined to stay a Wednesdayite from about the age of 11 as all my school mates were wednesdayites too. A few of them were in the Mosborough supporters club so I used to get on their coaches to away games as well like an fa cup tie at Tottenham and a replay at Villa against Crystal Palace I think.

Also Albert Clayton was our Ridgeway Boys manager and he used to take me and other lads all over watching Wednesday around 1969/72..Anfield, Old Trafford, Maine Road, Bolton, Notts County, Florist, Hull, Leeds. Great bloke Albert, saw him at mother’s funeral and just before she died when I was up there visiting.. still spinning a good yarn about following the Owls when he was younger. 
He’s  in that book “Wednesday every day of the week”.

Top gentleman Albert a couple of his lads are good friends of mine I also used to go with daws to away games

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Starting to sound like Alan Lee. Plenty of wednesdayites not from Sheffield myself included. Anyone should be free to support whoever they like regardless of location. I've never had an issue with people choosing man utd, liverpool etc.

Can't they see the flaw in their in choice though?  The could have been supporting any team who happened to be the Glory club when they decided to pick a club to support.  Just as easily they could have been Sunderland fans if Sunderland had attained the same success as the Manpool club.

Gits.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can't they see the flaw in their in choice though?  The could have been supporting any team who happened to be the Glory club when they decided to pick a club to support.  Just as easily they could have been Sunderland fans if Sunderland had attained the same success as the Manpool club.

Gits.

Just the way it is I'm afraid. Unless kids got family/friends supporting their local team to get them hooked they are gonna pick the best teams to watch as they can watch them every game on sky, motd etc.