Big Dunc

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

If and when we do get rid of our current manager, DC needs to get down to Everton and see if he can get big Duncan Ferguson in as our next manager.

Has a brilliant reputation as a coach, has learned the trade under Martinez, Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva. Ready for a number 1 job.  A usual suspect is the wrong move for us. Let’s break the mould and try a real up and coming coach who has the personality and nous to start sorting this club out. Big dunc would put a rocket under this club, and I would love to see anyone give anything less than 100 percent with dunc on the touch line . 

would he leave Everton where he is hugely respected especially by Ancelotti? Maybe not. But he must be tempted at some point by a number 1 job.

and let’s face it, he is Scottish and has a nickname of ‘ big’ therefore perfect manager material. 

go get him DC and ignore the calls for cook and other mid tablers. 

Good call. Unfortunately for us Everton are a club on the up and with the new stadium in the next few years, why on earth would he want to leave that environment to come to the 5hitshow that is Sheffied Wednesday. 

Could see him starting out at a championship club... Next season perhaps. So not us.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

If and when we do get rid of our current manager, DC needs to get down to Everton and see if he can get big Duncan Ferguson in as our next manager.

Has a brilliant reputation as a coach, has learned the trade under Martinez, Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva. Ready for a number 1 job.  A usual suspect is the wrong move for us. Let’s break the mould and try a real up and coming coach who has the personality and nous to start sorting this club out. Big dunc would put a rocket under this club, and I would love to see anyone give anything less than 100 percent with dunc on the touch line . 

would he leave Everton where he is hugely respected especially by Ancelotti? Maybe not. But he must be tempted at some point by a number 1 job.

and let’s face it, he is Scottish and has a nickname of ‘ big’ therefore perfect manager material. 

I said on here a couple of months in to Monks tenure that we should go all out and go for big Dunc. Sometimes players need to know who's the boss and i'm sure Duncan Ferguson would remind them. When he was caretaker boss at Everton last season he turned them from a crap team in to a winning team over night and it looked like the players loved him on the side lines. Every time they scored the scorer made a point of running to him to celebrate and he was also good at getting the crowd going. 

• Love 1

Would be happy with him.

Thought he'd be a bit of a fool as he always got into scraps as a player, but saw an interview when he was Everton caretaker boss and it shocked me how nice a guy he appeared. No doubt he has a tough side though which players wouldn't want to cross!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

You want a Big Dunc then you'd better put the kettle on and get the Rich Tea out cos that's as close as you'll get. We wont be getting rid of Monk this side of xmas.

2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Rich tea are not for dunking. Only get a millisecond and they're sloppy mush

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I was playing to the masses. For me its malted milk all the way.

Chocolate Hob Nobs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Hi Duncan

• Love 1

Great shout.

We need to be brave and try an appointment like this.

If we sack monk and end up with another merrygoround manager or foreign nobody I'll be miffed.

But it's what I expect tbh.

Welcome to Hillsborough Wolly with the  brolly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Great shout pal, but think he would need to give his head a proper wobble if he was to start his managerial career here. 

5 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

You want a Big Dunc then you'd better put the kettle on and get the Rich Tea out cos that's as close as you'll get. We wont be getting rid of Monk this side of xmas.

Rich tea isn't a big dunc. It's more of a let down, any more than 3 seconds in your brew n it sinks to the bottom... bit like us since last Christmas to be fair!