James Beattie

I'm not inclined to thow owt at Beattie at the moment.

We have so many people playing in strange positions for them, playing negative football and on the face of it a system out players don't seem to know so well.

I still don't know what some of the new players positions actually are not having really followed them before they joined us.

I have no clue if he's a good coach or not, but you'd assume he's worked with some of the best and some of it should have rubbed off on him.

Is hoofball something that actually requires much training for strikers? I recall it's always been labeled as the tactic for a team with insufficient skills. Just lob it and someone will try to head it somewhere.

I'm sure Beattie is frustrated at seeing our current "delivery".

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

even so. Beattie is our striker head honcho. He’s taking then in training. 

what's he doing on the training ground as it’s clearly not working on the pitch 

He's saying 'hands up if you are a striker'  no hands go up, Rhodes hides behind Paterson. Beattie goes, quiet day then and goes and makes a brew.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Is hoofball something that actually requires much training for strikers? I recall it's always been labeled as the tactic for a team with insufficient skills. Just lob it and someone will try to head it somewhere.

I'm sure Beattie is frustrated at seeing our current "delivery".

When we get wingers who can take on a man and cross a ball our strikers are redundant.

The problem ain't with the strikers.

3 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Amazingly, James Beattie whose own management experience ran to a few months and a win ratio of 27.6% at Accrington Stanley...exactly...hasn’t brought a lot to the party. 

He's bring asked to coach the strikers not manage the team. Completely different jobs and his managerial record doesn't tell us anything about whether he is a good coach.

The poor blokes only been here a few weeks so it's a bit harsh to say hes brought nothing to the party. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

He's bring asked to coach the strikers not manage the team. Completely different jobs and his managerial record doesn't tell us anything about whether he is a good coach.

The poor blokes only been here a few weeks so it's a bit harsh to say hes brought nothing to the party. 

He has the position of Assistant Manager so his managerial record is relevant. 

Edited by kobayashi

10 hours ago, 0114 said:

I’d love to know how Beattie and Hughes feel about the system.

They’ve come in after Monk used this system. 

Monks always been a 433, 442, 4231 man.

He’s become so stubborn on the formation that the only way we have changed is when one of those defenders has been sent off. 

Surely Beattie and Hughes are in his ear saying this isn’t working. 

won't matter if they are pep clotel says he won't listen ,Monks way or no way are the words used i believe , could be sour grapes though 

13 hours ago, kobayashi said:

He has the position of Assistant Manager so his managerial record is relevant. 

Brian Kidd, one of Pep's assistant managers, has managed 25 games (for Blackburn) with a return of 1.08 points per game, someone should tell Pep he should fire him as he's clearly useless.

5 hours ago, fingyfop said:

Brian Kidd, one of Pep's assistant managers, has managed 25 games (for Blackburn) with a return of 1.08 points per game, someone should tell Pep he should fire him as he's clearly useless.

No, becuase clearly Brian Kidd is proving of some use as Man City don't get beat every week.

Last season fans were giving Monk a free pass because he didn't have his right-hand man James Beattie as though Beattie was some sort of coaching genius who would turn things around.

Guess what, we are still playing the same dire football and Beattie has changed anything in that respect, not even ay signs that we are playing in a different manner. If anything we are playing worse football now than we were in the first few games after lockdown.

Give him time though eh.......

On 01/11/2020 at 14:28, ANDY said:

even so. Beattie is our striker head honcho. He’s taking then in training. 

what's he doing on the training ground as it’s clearly not working on the pitch 

Beattie is assistant manager not striker coach