James Beattie

1 minute ago, owl84 said:

Beattie is assistant manager not striker coach 

And what great assistance he is providing.

Monk's new coaching staff have been a breath of fresh air.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

And what great assistance he is providing.

Monk's new coaching staff have been a breath of fresh air.

Lets be honest they shouldn't have been brought in and Monk should have gone at the end of last season. 

Harsh to blame the new coaching team on anything.

Sorry but it's not down to beattie, monk set's out how he wants them to play the coaches only implement it and he is not working with top strikers tbh, beattie is a top coach and unlike monk he hasn't been at the club know we're near long enough, the blame rests at monk's door.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 14:11, Buddy Repperton said:

Ex pork is never good for our club.

May as well sit a home with Westwood (virtually on line, not actually sat next to him as that would be far too dangerous).

Keep wasting your money DC. 

would like to know why he was on gardening leave at his previous club  

On 01/11/2020 at 13:00, swampyowl01 said:

Does anybody know what he is actually doing with the strikers. Since his arrival they have actually got worse. I would love to actually watch one of his sessions. Thoughts?

Patting their bums in training and telling them they are all they legends like him, the best striker the world has ever seen.

On 01/11/2020 at 13:00, swampyowl01 said:

Does anybody know what he is actually doing with the strikers. Since his arrival they have actually got worse. I would love to actually watch one of his sessions. Thoughts?

Not quite sure. Agent Beattie has not really had the impact I hoped for...

However, I did see him handing postcards to our substitutes before they went on the field against the mighty Wycombe Wanderers. As Monk said when Beats arrived, its all about how the information is delivered...

saucy postcards.PNG

• Haha 1

On 02/11/2020 at 16:29, hirstyboywonder said:

No, becuase clearly Brian Kidd is proving of some use as Man City don't get beat every week.

Last season fans were giving Monk a free pass because he didn't have his right-hand man James Beattie as though Beattie was some sort of coaching genius who would turn things around.

Guess what, we are still playing the same dire football and Beattie has changed anything in that respect, not even ay signs that we are playing in a different manner. If anything we are playing worse football now than we were in the first few games after lockdown.

Give him time though eh.......

Absolutely bizarre to place all that blame on Beattie when you have literally no knowledge of what's happening on the training ground and what Monk has asked him to do or how much Monk listen to his or the other coaches ideas.

On 02/11/2020 at 16:38, owl84 said:

Beattie is assistant manager not striker coach 

This is what I thought.  The idea was that because he was a sucessful striker at the top level he may be able to pass on advice and help. Not just solely working with the strikers. In the same way that Monk was a centre back and I'm sure he can be useful in that area