We're down....

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I think we are down even if we change the manager at this point, so we have a choice to make.

By "We" obviously I know we as fans have no say in the matter.

Do we get rid of Monk and let a new manager plan for promotion push back to the Championship, or do we let Monk plan for the push back to the Championship.

Personally, I think we let Monk leave and get someone like Loovens in to create a steady a ship as possible waiting for the correct person to steer us back up, and then give Loovens the Bullen role as assistant - obviously telling him this is the situation before appointing him.

Assuming Loovens has any such aspiration.

Thank Christ!

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If I'm going to have to watch L1 football I don't want to have to watch us playing Monkball. 

It's dire football on show right now, and that's the reason I don't advocate giving Bullen a 4th or would it be 5th term as interim manager.    It would be similar.

Bullen can galvanise the squad, we've seen it before, but I think so could Loovens and that was my thinking there - and obviously he has a bit more culture behind his playing career.    Doesn't mean jack really because no one knows if he is a good coach or motivator, but he seemed to have the dressing room and after he left the mood went down hill big time.

Edited by Salmonbones

Fire sale in January, if any club is desperate enough to take the likes of Bannan, Reach, Rhodes, Lees off our hands then they can go as they will leave at the end of the seaason anyway. May as well give the likes of hunt, Shaw etc as many games as possible before the end of the season and see if they will be capable of competing in league 1 next season. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

It's dire football on show right now, and that's the reason I don't advocate giving Bullen a 4th or would it be 5th term as interim manager.    It would be similar.

Bullen can galvanise the squad, we've seen it before, but I think so could Loovens and that was my thinking there - and obviously he has a bit more culture behind his playing career.    Doesn't mean jack really because no one knows if he is a good coach or motivator, but he seemed to have the dressing room and after he left the mood went down hill big time.

From what I've heard Bullen is not well though of. Devoid of any ideas.

I'd rather give Sheridan a go.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Luton, Rotherham, Wycombe = Zero Points.

It doesn't even bear thinking about regardless of the points deduction.

We're not as bad as that.

The players are making a statement.

It always happens when a manager's time is up.

We saw it against Glasgow Rangers when Carlos was here.

The problem is that Chansiri habitually can't/won't see it.

Last time it cost us a third shot at promotion, this time it will cost us our place in the Championship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

From what I've heard Bullen is not well though of. Devoid of any ideas.

I'd rather give Sheridan a go.

I'm not going to cry if we give someone like Sheridan a go - nor Pearson.

Obviously I would hope they don't fail miserably.     That to me would not sully them, but it would to some.

I just wonder if it is not 5 or 10 years too late to bring these kind of people in.   A lot of the younger fans won't know why they are so revered.

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

I'm not going to cry if we give someone like Sheridan a go - nor Pearson.

Obviously I would hope they don't fail miserably.     That to me would not sully them, but it would to some.

I just wonder if it is not 5 or 10 years too late to bring these kind of people in.   A lot of the younger fans won't know why they are so revered.

Fair point.

• Like 1

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

We are down. I’m disgusted and livid at what’s happened to us in 2020. I hope the coach blows up on the way home. Chansiri you have ruined our club and killed us for the next 10 years. Please do the honourable thing and fall on your sword.

I know Pearson has said he will never manage us due to local circumstances but......

chansiri give him a blank cheque to write what he wants , give it him 

and say it’s until the end of the season only, but with a massive safety clause , he has nothing to lose, if he wants to carry on he can, but can walk away no q asked 

Pearson in a no lose situation, jobs a gud un, Wednesday stay up, and nige takes us to the prem next year 

simples

29 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We're not as bad as that.

The players are making a statement.

It always happens when a manager's time is up.

We saw it against Glasgow Rangers when Carlos was here.

The problem is that Chansiri habitually can't/won't see it.

Last time it cost us a third shot at promotion, this time it will cost us our place in the Championship.

If this is how handsomely rewarded professionals choose to make a statement then they can all go as well.  How long can you say “we’re not as bad as that”?  Everything I’ve seen over the last couple of seasons suggests we are where we deserve to be.

• Like 1

We need to be trying to get Mick on first flight back from Cyprus before he is officially announced. 

The job is unattractive enough right but not picking up results against Bournemouth and Millwall and no one will touch it with a barge pole.