We're down....

13 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

If this is how handsomely rewarded professionals choose to make a statement then they can all go as well.  How long can you say “we’re not as bad as that”?  Everything I’ve seen over the last couple of seasons suggests we are where we deserve to be.

Well I can't disagree with that.

What I meant is that we should be doing better than three straight defeats with the players we have, and the standard of the opposition.

That we are not is because the players want a change in management.

They've had enough too.

• Like 1

I was dead against us having the point deduction applied during last season because it would have sent us down. I really thought we would give ourselves a chance of staying up starting this season on -12. I was wrong. All this season will be used for is prolonging relegation that should have happened last season. 

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

If Monk stays all season we won't even get off the bottom!

Yes, that's true.

When a team starts to lose serially, as we are now doing, then there's no way back.

We'll lose and lose and lose and lose until Chansiri finally pulls the trigger.

Once the players make their minds up, that's it.

Clinging stubbornly on is a total and utter waste of time.

All it does is make it even harder to find a replacement, and give the new man an even bigger problem to solve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, that's true.

When a team starts to lose serially, as we are now doing, then there's no way back.

We'll lose and lose and lose and lose until Chansiri finally pulls the trigger.

Once the players make their minds up, that's it.

Clinging stubbornly on is a total and utter waste of time.

All it does is make it even harder to find a replacement, and give the new man an even bigger problem to solve.

doublicat_1595704977391_397.gif

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I was dead against us having the point deduction applied during last season because it would have sent us down. I really thought we would give ourselves a chance of staying up starting this season on -12. I was wrong. All this season will be used for is prolonging relegation that should have happened last season. 

And another shyte season for the fans...

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I don't think there is any doubt we are going down now and there is absolutely no point getting someone like Pulis or McCarthy in short term. We need to plan for L1 now with someone like Paul Cook.

This. 

Cook has a good record of getting promoted out of the lower leagues. We are going down so we need to prepare for next season. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hodgyowl said:

You know it's not easy being a Wednesday fan but FFS it's like being forced to drink your own p*SS every day, 

Probably the most accurate description of supporting Wednesday over the last 30 years.

I can take regular disappointment no problem, but the sheer amount of times they let me and us fans down has MASSIVELY outweighed the times they've made me proud to support them.

And I dont think thats what supporting a football club should be like.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Probably the most accurate description of supporting Wednesday over the last 30 years.

I can take regular disappointment no problem, but the sheer amount of times they let me and us fans down has MASSIVELY outweighed the times they've made me proud to support them.

This is how I feel. Been watching nearly 30 years and can only think of a handful of times we've finished top half of the division we were in.

15 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Yep I love Sheffield Wednesday but I don’t enjoy supporting them.  It’s a very strange feeling when your main passion in life brings you so much disappointment.  I’m really not an arrogant or self entitled fan, i just don’t feel I’ve had that much enjoyment in the past 28 years compared to some other teams fans 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep I love Sheffield Wednesday but I don’t enjoy supporting them.  It’s a very strange feeling when your main passion in life brings you so much disappointment.  I’m really not an arrogant or self entitled fan, i just don’t feel I’ve had that much enjoyment in the past 28 years compared to some other teams fans 

I keep meaning to actually look at this in more detail, to sense-check just how bad we've been over the past 25 years.

My lad, who is 10, has completely switched off from SWFC. This is a lad who was not long ago really excited to see us play live, meet the players, follow results, wear the shirt - but the sheer guff the club has served up on and off the pitch over the past couple of years in particular ha seen him entirely drift away and completely lose all interest, to the point where he's already keen to choose another team.  We dont live near Sheffield here in Cheshire/Staffordshire so he has no mates supporting Wednesday, so theres very little bar myself making an argument to stick with it. 

Of course I've told him he needs to stick with it, how we're doing it as a pair... but he's yet to build up the iron skin you need as a Wednesday fan and subjecting him to support Wednesday feels like a curse far too often.

People I'm sure can relate here - when you get such little back from the club as a whole on and off the pitch and see a fan slipping away that you've brought up to follow your footsteps that REALLY hurts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

It's a sad state of affairs that over that timescale the very best times and best memories have been our two stints in League 1.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Indeed. 

Unfortunately it's looking like we have got rid of some very good players to bring in Monk's brave new world replacements.

None of whom are good enough, with maybe a couple of exceptions.

But at least the manager will be able to handle them. 

Smacks of Danny Wilson all over again. Maybe even worse. 

We have not good rid of any very good players have we though 

Do agree we’re down though,  was always inevitable really 

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

I keep meaning to actually look at this in more detail, to sense-check just how bad we've been over the past 25 years.

My lad, who is 10, has completely switched off from SWFC. This is a lad who was not long ago really excited to see us play live, meet the players, follow results, wear the shirt - but the sheer guff the club has served up on and off the pitch over the past couple of years in particular ha seen him entirely drift away and completely lose all interest, to the point where he's already keen to choose another team.  We dont live near Sheffield here in Cheshire/Staffordshire so he has no mates supporting Wednesday, so theres very little bar myself making an argument to stick with it. 

Of course I've told him he needs to stick with it, how we're doing it as a pair... but he's yet to build up the iron skin you need as a Wednesday fan and subjecting him to support Wednesday feels like a curse far too often.

People I'm sure can relate here - when you get such little back from the club as a whole on and off the pitch and see a fan slipping away that you've brought up to follow your footsteps that REALLY hurts.

yep, I can tell you it's a similar story with my 9 year old and several of his mates. 

Never thought I'd say.it but I have a niggly thought at the back of my head that says I should encourage him to support someone else, or I think he could be turned off football full stop.