We're down....

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I was dead against us having the point deduction applied during last season because it would have sent us down. I really thought we would give ourselves a chance of staying up starting this season on -12. I was wrong. All this season will be used for is prolonging relegation that should have happened last season. 

Given the situation with COVID and everything go off, it was for the best that we were in the Championship this season. 

The fact that we are all but down already is just bonkers to think about, but the fact is if we stick with Monk we are doomed. 

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

yep, I can tell you it's a similar story with my 9 year old and several of his mates. 

Never thought I'd say.it but I have a niggly thought at the back of my head that says I should encourage him to support someone else, or I think he could be turned off football full stop.

Same with my niece.

She used to love watching Wednesday with me, that was when she was 6 months old.  

Now she is 2 years old and started to learn to talk, all I hear from her now is 'not good' 'not good;'. when Wednesday are playing.  

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

yep, I can tell you it's a similar story with my 9 year old and several of his mates. 

Never thought I'd say.it but I have a niggly thought at the back of my head that says I should encourage him to support someone else, or I think he could be turned off football full stop.

Thinking similar - and I'd have never considered this at all previously.

Theres just no decent reason for a young fan to support SWFC at the moment.  He'd ridiculed for supporting them and it kills me inside that I've forced this on him.

The highs of being a Wednesdayite are sky high, but they are almost completely drowned out by the constant negativity around the club, and not least the performances being served. Mine and my lad's last game was Stoke City away - the end absolutely broke him and then the constant late collapses, rip off prices, complete lack of goals or entertainment... it's a tough sell.

However... credit where credit is due - during the first lockdown I emailed the club to ask whether any of his favourite players would be able to send a 'Happy birthday' video message to me for his birthday back in May - and impressively they bloody well did it, with Barry Bannan stepping up.  He and I wont forget that anytime soon.  Likewise, I don't see the current issue as being a player one. I think the effort is there, but the direction from management and above is severely lacking - and for that reason its them who lay the blame on for the mess we're in.

• Thanks 1

Jeez my Dad got me into Wednesday in 1974, the first game he took me was a relegation crunch match v Bolton

The next season was the worst on record.

He took me to the game v Southend in 76 

As a parent you have to stick with it, better a Wednesday fan than a glory seeker 

Even if Monk goes the damage is now already done. He should stay and deal with his mess for the rest of the season. 

He has given 3 points to each of our relegation rivals, each effectively 6 pointers. 

I couldn't be less proud of the team right now Gary!! Talk about a car crash of a manager. Embarrassing.

16 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

If we don't change the manager we will go down.

If we change the manager, we will probably still go down but at least we might have a chance. 

I'd rather they just conceed and accept relegation, cant stand us as a club anymore, pathetic 

7 hours ago, Ronio said:

Same with my niece.

She used to love watching Wednesday with me, that was when she was 6 months old.  

Now she is 2 years old and started to learn to talk, all I hear from her now is 'not good' 'not good;'. when Wednesday are playing.  

You are lucky it’s as polite as that.

In the 70’s I had to ask my Dad what did ‘F.OKKINGWANK WEDNESDAY’ mean...it must have been important as the nearest bloke 8 rows back said it every 5 minutes...

• Haha 1

When we got the 12 point penalty I thought that relegation was a formality.

How do you motivate a group of players who have been poor for 2 seasons,to realise the battle ahead.

Add to that new players on loan who are only here to get fitness back,and have no desire for our club .

The negativity is sourced back to the man in charge,not the manager or players,they are the ones that are shot at but the problem man is never seen or heard from.

The perfomances so far have been abject and not what we expected,but I believe we were down before a ball was kicked.

Reality is no one, how ever optimistic,should have thought we could have overturned this defficit..

Through the good,bad and this poo tho,its our club and we will continue our support when allowed.

what I cant understand is why monk wasn't sacked at the end of last season and why DC has brought in his team also cant understand how people could say "he doesn't have his own coaching staff and own player" well now he has and look where that has got us I think most of us knew what the outcome was going to be. His coaching staff was never gonna change anything Monk was the worst appointment we could've made.

I actually didn't watch the game yesterday.

I refuse to give the club anymore of my money whilst they deem the current level of performance acceptable and think it ok to still have Monk in charge.

If they don't give a sh*t about what they are producing then I sure as hell will not be parting with a single penny.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I actually didn't watch the game yesterday.

I refuse to give the club anymore of my money whilst they deem the current level of performance acceptable and think it ok to still have Monk in charge.

If they don't give a sh*t about what they are producing then I sure as hell will not be parting with a single penny.

Think I’m going to do the same with the game on Tuesday. I told myself if we lose and put in a poor performance against Wycombe that would be my last game paying to watch us and keeping up to date with the score etc until something changes. Expect I will find it difficult on Tuesday not paying or checking my phone every few minutes but enough is enough of being taken for granted by this club. I’ve been so mardy since the game yesterday, it’s really ruined my weekend, and I’ll be honest I’ve been taken it out on the kids which is ridiculous. 

40 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The chairman said recently 'LET ME TELL YOU - YOUR MONEY PAYS FOR NOTHING"

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think I’m going to do the same with the game on Tuesday. I told myself if we lose and put in a poor performance against Wycombe that would be my last game paying to watch us and keeping up to date with the score etc until something changes. Expect I will find it difficult on Tuesday not paying or checking my phone every few minutes but enough is enough of being taken for granted by this club. I’ve been so mardy since the game yesterday, it’s really ruined my weekend, and I’ll be honest I’ve been taken it out on the kids which is ridiculous. 

Honestly, I'm largely at the point of indifference.

When Wycombe scored I thought nothing of it.

I know when a manager is done for.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I'm largely at the point of indifference.

When Wycombe scored I thought nothing of it.

I know when a manager is done for.

It was inevitable yesterday. This team is done, over, finished without a change in management or a serious re-wiring of the their collective mentality.

The only surprise was that Wycombe didn't finish the job and score again. I had them for a 2-0 win.

29 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

It was inevitable yesterday. This team is done, over, finished without a change in management or a serious re-wiring of the their collective mentality.

The only surprise was that Wycombe didn't finish the job and score again. I had them for a 2-0 win.

Yep.

I've seen this film enough times and you never get a different ending.

• Like 1