THE MONK OUT THREAD

Just looking back at how bad it needed to get before DC sacked Carlos and Jos.

Carlos had a run of 4 draws then 3 defeats on the spin. We were in 15th place, after having those 2 play-off seasons.

As for Jo's, after enjoying the 'Adam Reach month' where he scored a few crackers in some draws we decently beat Bristol City away but then lost 4 in a row - but not embarrassingly so.  We then had the Sheffield derby and we were dreading it but Jos oversaw another 'decent' 0-0, which wasnt to be sniffed at and probably saved him.

He then lost another 3 out of the next 5 games ending in a 2-1 loss to Swansea, leaving us 6 points off the drop and DC then went into meltdown and got rid and said he'd put the club up for sale at a fans forum.

So - based on form, these last 4 losses in a row should leave the next match as the clincher. If we get a result against Bornemouth it might well save him for now. If not, I imagine he'll get the boot.  We know DC is uber-loyal and stupidly patient... but he does have a tipping point.

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Carlos had a run of 4 draws then 3 defeats on the spin. We were in 15th place, after having those 2 play-off seasons.

As for Jo's, after enjoying the 'Adam Reach month' where he scored a few crackers in some draws we decently beat Bristol City away but then lost 4 in a row - but not embarrassingly so.  We then had the Sheffield derby and we were dreading it but Jos oversaw another 'decent' 0-0, which wasnt to be sniffed at and probably saved him.

He then lost another 3 out of the next 5 games ending in a 2-1 loss to Swansea, leaving us 6 points off the drop and DC then went into meltdown and got rid and said he'd put the club up for sale at a fans forum.

So - based on form, these last 4 losses in a row should leave the next match as the clincher. If we get a result against Bornemouth it might well save him for now. If not, I imagine he'll get the boot.  We know DC is uber-loyal and stupidly patient... but he does have a tipping point.

Hoping 4 losses on bounce has done it.

Surely Monk presented a plan within the club to DC that by this stage we would be on X points etc - and updating him by group of games - if he’s told DC we will be on 5-6 points now and we’re on -4, then he needs the bullet

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

we need a fans forum so DC can actually know how we feel. I bet he hasn’t a clue exactly how bad things are!

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Surely Monk presented a plan within the club to DC that by this stage we would be on X points etc - and updating him by group of games - if he’s told DC we will be on 5-6 points now and we’re on -4, then he needs the bullet

We're fortunate to only (like that's a good thing!) be 10 points from safety.

This is now a pivotal point, not only to save our season, but to have any chance of doing so, cannot afford to delay the inevitable decision to replace Monk. 

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He kept referring to "they" and not "we" when talking about the team. I believe he corrected himself at least once if not twice. 

Does he know he won't be here much longer. 

Was yesterday a win or sacked game. 

Yeh, I noticed that but didn't dare to believe. Did seem to be a change of language

Guest Hornsby
8 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Atty deleting Monk socially is tangible suggestion change is on way. He is now a non-person.

Plus local media now hostile and they only front up after being briefed. 

Takes time to tap up right manager, especially as decent ones will want assurances on budget,  Westy, Paxo , etc.  

Could be international break before Chansiri's taxi arrives to take Monk to oblivion.

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Ironically, given the fixtures we've had, that is the equivalent of another 12 point deduction  as DC persists with Monk. Still at least this one was managed in 10 days rather than being dragged out for months. 

Will he leave it too long to sack Monk and leave us with absolutely no chance of getting out of this? 

The sacking his last two managers were both long overdue. In my opinion and I said at the time Carvahal should have gone after we failed in the second play offs and luhukay long before he did. 

Whilst I accept its not necessarily a bad thing that he gives his managers time, he surely has to recognise that any more time here and we are even more certain to be down than most already think. 

People may say Chansiri is the root of the problem. Whilst this may be true there are many clubs that have problems off the pitch with owners but ultimately the way the team play is down to the management. 

I hate saying it but United had a court case row between their owners, very little investment in their team but a fantastic manager who got the best out of what he had. 

Monk has not got the best out of what he has had and what he now has. Every single player, apart from maybe Iorfa, has regressed since Monk took charge.