THE MONK OUT THREAD

4 minutes ago, jrh said:

Will he leave it too long to sack Monk and leave us with absolutely no chance of getting out of this? 

The sacking his last two managers were both long overdue. In my opinion and I said at the time Carvahal should have gone after we failed in the second play offs and luhukay long before he did. 

Whilst I accept its not necessarily a bad thing that he gives his managers time, he surely has to recognise that any more time here and we are even more certain to be down than most already think. 

People may say Chansiri is the root of the problem. Whilst this may be true there are many clubs that have problems off the pitch with owners but ultimately the way the team play is down to the management. 

I hate saying it but United had a court case row between their owners, very little investment in their team but a fantastic manager who got the best out of what he had. 

Monk has not got the best out of what he has had and what he now has. Every single player, apart from maybe Iorfa, has regressed since Monk took charge. 

This is one of the main issues for me,  even Iorfa is worse now than when Bruce was here.  Not one player is playing well or at least as good as they have before. 
I don’t see any signs of players being motivated to perform.   

Seriously even if we had left Bullen in charge, would his record be worse then Monk’s? I don’t think it could be.  

• Like 1

Essentially these last 3 results mean that we can't persist with Monks philosophy of we start with a point, let's not lose that and attempting to grind out results. Which has basically been his approach since he's been here. 

There is an argument for that approach when you are maybe a couple of results from safety but with the gap we now see a drastic change of approach is needed.

The only way we have any chance of getting out of this is to attack games and attempt to win more than we lose. Monk either will not it cannot set his team up like that therefore, if we want to even have a chance to stay in this division he has to go.

Now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

100% absolutely guaranteed nailed on that everyone complaining about Garry Monk will be crying their eyes out, moaning, whinging and complaining when Chansiri announces who his replacement is

yes that should be a massive worry. Clueless Chansiri and his advisers will pick the wrong type of manager again. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

100% absolutely guaranteed nailed on that everyone complaining about Garry Monk will be crying their eyes out, moaning, whinging and complaining when Chansiri announces who his replacement is

Easiest thng to do with any new manager, you will be right eventually.

Todays point is Monk simply isn't working, So its got to change.

We need someone who is as desperate as we are, Monk is comfy, the players are comfy, its simple lip service to the supporters all this "We have to win, the players want to win etc etc"..There is something basically awry at the club, and it goes through from top to bottom.

The number of players DC has spent money on, when a small portion of it should have gone on a DOF, an experienced footballing bloke, has substantially added to our problems

Even now..Thats where we should be looking, because the club has simply lost the trust of the supporters, probably even a number of the staff, including players...Its recipe for disaster, but no-ones trying to change it

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes that should be a massive worry. Clueless Chansiri and his advisers will pick the wrong type of manager again. 

He's appointed 4 managers.

2 good ones!

2 awful ones!

I want Paul Cook but we might get a foreign manager this time!

Garry monk will get the sack because he gave joey pel a new contact... He knew mass or didn't Know that he will get injured (another Sam hutchinson) so very important to have back up... so  he reward joey pel with a new contact after watching him in midfield again Brentford beat us 4 nil last season he fheck in a youngster from man City hasnt work so or midfield has no cover of any standard in the mean time he's sign a load of forwards....monk has being out of look with injuries In the back line.... We have a goalie on 40k a week has no squad number and is our best keeper. Than acting the ape with him he should be available as he's getting pay anyway?? Matt Penney has being frozen out so monk is a thoney devil and has poor social stills as show in many cases last year to get the most out of he's players while in contact..... We need to ask the questions style what do we stand for (a) the Brentford model style we're you buy footballers play modern style or (b) the battling ram style forward as described by a fellow supporter on owlstalk were we hoof the ball or have a forward throwing the ball in from the side line it's shocking stuff... No quick fix to these problems but have to start sometime so Paul Cook get on your bike and help us 

If I were the owner and I saw Monk laughing and joking with the opposition at the full-time whistle yesterday, I’d have sacked him on the spot. I wouldn’t even have let him on the team bus. He could find his own way home. Absolute ******** take.

56 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

If I were the owner and I saw Monk laughing and joking with the opposition at the full-time whistle yesterday, I’d have sacked him on the spot 

Does the same thing apply to our fans?

So if we get absolutely battered by a team, or if we get relegated, and if a fan is seen smiling or laughing at their mates joke on the way out of the ground they should be banned for life?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Does the same thing apply to our fans?

So if we get absolutely battered by a team, or if we get relegated, and if a fan is seen smiling or laughing at their mates joke on the way out of the ground they should be banned for life?

Are you serious?

1 minute ago, jamthesun said:

Are you serious?

YES

100% DEADLY SERIOUS

Trying to prove some kind of point because Monk actually smiled when his old friend spoke to him is up there with the most pathetic thing I've ever read on here.

He's a HUMAN BEING mate - it's what humans do when other humans that are really good friends of theirs crack jokes with them

Choose something else to criticise Monk for and not something that you yourself  (And everyone else on here) would do

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

100% DEADLY SERIOUS

Trying to prove some kind of point because Monk actually smiled when his old friend spoke to him is up there with the most pathetic thing I've ever read on here.

He's a HUMAN BEING mate - it's what humans do when other humans that are really good friends of theirs crack jokes with them

Choose something else to criticise Monk for and not something that you yourself  (And everyone else on here) would do

i don’t think there’s anything a mate could say to me in that situation which would make me laugh - if I cared about the situation. 

If I was paying him handsomely to care about the situation I wouldn’t think it was appropriate either. 

1 minute ago, jamthesun said:

i don’t think there’s anything a mate could say to me in that situation which would make me laugh - if I cared about the situation.  

See what you're doing now is trying to twist what would REALLY happen into something that you claim would happen in order to have a cheap shot at Monk.

In reality we would ALL laugh on the way out of a really bad situation if our old friend came up and cracked a joke - it's human nature

Let's be 100% honest and not try to take this into fantasy land

We're all human

Including Garry Monk

#stayclassy

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

If I was paying him handsomely to care about the situation I wouldn’t think it was appropriate either. 

The amount of money you pay someone does not dictate how much they laugh or smile mate
Otherwise Lenny Henry would be running round his 'comedy' audiences with bunches of £50 notes to try and resurrect his long gone 'comedy' career

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

See what you're doing now is trying to twist what would REALLY happen into something that you claim would happen in order to have a cheap shot at Monk.

In reality we would ALL laugh on the way out of a really bad situation if our old friend came up and cracked a joke - it's human nature

Let's be 100% honest and not try to take this into fantasy land

We're all human

Including Garry Monk

#stayclassy

We’ll just have to disagree I’m afraid.