THE MONK OUT THREAD

25 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

I blame his system. We don't have the quality to play 352 hence the players looking lost tracking back. Harris n Reach can't track back fast enough which leaves the team open at the back, especially with the pacey Börner ffs. Has to go back to 442 n strengthen the defence up, at least I think players will feel better, I just hope Monk has the guys to do it. 

While I agree we don’t have the personnel to play 352.

This run of 6 wins in 32 has only consisted of playing 352 in 18 of those games, winning 4. 

Which means we played 442/433/4231 in 14 games and only won 2. 

The problem is the approach within the system we use. Evidently, under Monk, we look poor no matter what system he’s using. 

Just now, jonnyowl said:

We'll probably go on a 4 game winning streak now!

the most likely scenario is a really really bad and dull 1-0 win where we score the scrappiest goal

He keeps his job

Then we go on another run like we're on now

Then he gets a scrappy 1-0 win when it looks like Chansiri will pull the trigger

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the most likely scenario is a really really bad and dull 1-0 win where we score the scrappiest goal

He keeps his job

Then we go on another run like we're on now

Then he gets a scrappy 1-0 win when it looks like Chansiri will pull the trigger

yes that’s exactly what I think will happen. Scrape a win tomorrow and then lose 3 or 4 to prolong Monks run as manager and then repeat. 

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Back to work this morning after half term.

Lunch check Owlstalk and should I be surprised that he's not gone?

Really dont get why DC hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

it really is ridiculous that he is still in the job. Chansiri will leave it to late until we are at the point of no return. Absolutely clueless owner. 

It’s worse than the Jos situation, mainly because of what is at stake. Also Jos never had the opportunity to bring in his own players and staff. Not making excuses for Jos, as they are both inept managers. 
Because Monk seems to have his feet under the table, he is able to infect all aspects of the playing staff, including the development lads. When he is foisting his anti football style of play on our young development lads, that is a real concern. I see the U18s lost again on Saturday, and we now have the embarrassing situation where all three of our teams, First team, U23s and U18s, are bottom of their respective leagues. This bloke is doing untold damage to our club, and he needs to be removed immediately. I don’t know who advised the chairman to appoint him in the first place, or if anyone is advising that he should be kept on, but with no green shoots anywhere throughout the club, we cannot afford to persist with this project

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s worse than the Jos situation, mainly because of what is at stake. Also Jos never had the opportunity to bring in his own players and staff. Not making excuses for Jos, as they are both inept managers. 
Because Monk seems to have his feet under the table, he is able to infect all aspects of the playing staff, including the development lads. When he is foisting his anti football style of play on our young development lads, that is a real concern. I see the U18s lost again on Saturday, and we now have the embarrassing situation where all three of our teams, First team, U23s and U18s, are bottom of their respective leagues. This bloke is doing untold damage to our club, and he needs to be removed immediately. I don’t know who advised the chairman to appoint him in the first place, or if anyone is advising that he should be kept on, but with no green shoots anywhere throughout the club, we cannot afford to persist with this project

Where can I find the tables for the U18's and U23's mate?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree - I just think that because he wasn't fired on Sunday that it's now the most likely outcome

no way will we beat Bournemouth tomorrow night, facing a 5th straight defeat,.

lets face it, if Monk survives that he must be bullet proof.

Probably just reading too much into this, but it maybe says something about Monk's mondset.. he only seems to rememberhe's involved right at the end.

"“I’ve got no doubt that they can get out of this, no doubt that those players are good enough to do this. They’re having a bad week, we’re all having a very, very bad week.”