THE MONK OUT THREAD

Thing is, he will stick around until told otherwise. His managerial career is on the line now and he won’t walk. If he’s sacked he’ll have an excuse book as thick as war and peace as to why it hasn’t worked out for him here? Despite this championship chairmen will be wary of appointing him? His last 2 jobs have seen him with a low win percentage. He was sacked at Middlesbrough under a cloud and despite his success at Leeds it wasn’t without it’s problems?

He’s lost the fans. I think he could keep us up this season and his reputation amongst the fan base would still be as flat as a fart. There’s no love, respect or enthusiasm for him but he’s that arrogant it wouldn’t bother him? I doubt he’s even aware of how we feel?

FWIW I think we’ll win on Tuesday. Don’t know why? I had the same feeling ahead of the Birmingham game that I do now. If we were to win, would it galvanise us. I’m not so sure?

The problem for me with Monk is there is no plan. Twelve months of Monk and we still don’t have an identity. No player has improved under him. In fact several have got worse. Beattie was this supposedly great goalscoring coaching guru but in true Wednesday fashion, he seems to have lost his mojo here?

We need a change of direction but we’ve been here before under Mr Chansiri and still gone down the same depressing path as before.

I think Wagner is a possibility due to the obvious links to Hughes, Brown and Kachunga and his track record at this level plus he’s available. I think Cook and Johnson would be strongly in the frame too. I wonder if Strudwick would push for Giggs due to their working relationship both at Man United and Wales and I think if asked he would come here?

Whoever is next in the chair has to be the right appointment this time or I think it will be the end of the Chansiri experiment here?

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thing is, he will stick around until told otherwise. His managerial career is on the line now and he won’t walk. If he’s sacked he’ll have an excuse book as thick as war and peace as to why it hasn’t worked out for him here? Despite this championship chairmen will be wary of appointing him? His last 2 jobs have seen him with a low win percentage. He was sacked at Middlesbrough under a cloud and despite his success at Leeds it wasn’t without it’s problems?

He’s lost the fans. I think he could keep us up this season and his reputation amongst the fan base would still be as flat as a fart. There’s no love, respect or enthusiasm for him but he’s that arrogant it wouldn’t bother him? I doubt he’s even aware of how we feel?

FWIW I think we’ll win on Tuesday. Don’t know why? I had the same feeling ahead of the Birmingham game that I do now. If we were to win, would it galvanise us. I’m not so sure?

The problem for me with Monk is there is no plan. Twelve months of Monk and we still don’t have an identity. No player has improved under him. In fact several have got worse. Beattie was this supposedly great goalscoring coaching guru but in true Wednesday fashion, he seems to have lost his mojo here?

We need a change of direction but we’ve been here before under Mr Chansiri and still gone down the same depressing path as before.

I think Wagner is a possibility due to the obvious links to Hughes, Brown and Kachunga and his track record at this level plus he’s available. I think Cook and Johnson would be strongly in the frame too. I wonder if Strudwick would push for Giggs due to their working relationship both at Man United and Wales and I think if asked he would come here?

Whoever is next in the chair has to be the right appointment this time or I think it will be the end of the Chansiri experiment here?

Lol no chance of Giggs.. would you rather manage Wales at the Euros or delegate Wednesday to League 1?

16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol no chance of Giggs.. would you rather manage Wales at the Euros or delegate Wednesday to League 1?

Take your point but he’ll want to get into club management one day and it didn’t stop Michael O'Neill brokering a deal with

Northern Ireland to manage Stoke, so who knows?

5 hours ago, The Claw said:

who would you want, are they available and within the clubs wage range, ffs 🤣🤣🤣

Haha. But seriously, that should be up to DC. But he hasn't got a clue. And when you don't have a clue, and have money to spend, you should appoint someone who does have a clue to take care of business.

I hate to say it, because I really wanted to see Monk get SWFC not just past the -12 by now, but also with a few + points and goal-differential, but  Monk is not up to the task,  in spite of having  respectable task-force.  Why?

We all know why...so what is to be done about it?  More pointedly, 

5 hours ago, The Claw said:

who would you want, are they available and within the clubs wage range, ffs 🤣🤣🤣

Good question.  How much can Chansiri spend, on a Manager, within FFP restrictions?  I think good managers would like a chance to show what they could make of the SWFC Squad, because it is not a bad squad.  Who?

I just want us to have a go at playing football. DC promised attacking football and we've regressed just about as far from that as possible. 

For years, our football has been attritional,  based on nullifying the opposition, setting out not to lose a game, rather than to win it. 

Bar Carlos' first season, this has been the case and no surprise that was our best season. That must be a key criteria for the next manager. Draws aren't going to keep us up. 

If we're going to lose a game, rather it be 4-3 having a go, rather than have to sit through another limp ******** performance knowing weve lost the games soon as the opposition score and our best result going to be 0-0.

• Like 2

I blame his system. We don't have the quality to play 352 hence the players looking lost tracking back. Harris n Reach can't track back fast enough which leaves the team open at the back, especially with the pacey Börner ffs. Has to go back to 442 n strengthen the defence up, at least I think players will feel better, I just hope Monk has the guys to do it.