THE MONK OUT THREAD

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really am surprised he is still here and hasnt been sacked already. Actually with Chansiri in charge I’m not that surprised. How many other managers would still be in a job if they had performed so badly and returned so little points. 

yeah but when Chansiri see's that Monk has smiled he's toast

or summat

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Really am surprised he is still here and hasnt been sacked already. Actually with Chansiri in charge I’m not that surprised. How many other managers would still be in a job if they had performed so badly and returned so little points. 

Should never have been given a contract for this season.

Just seems to me either he believes the tripe Monk tells him post match and/or hes a ostrich. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

100% absolutely guaranteed nailed on that everyone complaining about Garry Monk will be crying their eyes out, moaning, whinging and complaining when Chansiri announces who his replacement is

I understand you generally take a contrarian position on Monk to drive responses and more owlstalk readers, but at this point what are the arguments you can give in his favour given the last 3 results and performances along with his overall record with us?

Do you honestly believe our best chance to pick up the 1.5 points per game we need to stay in this division is to continue down the path Monk has set?

Just now, Dunkstar said:

I understand you generally take a contrarian position on Monk to drive responses and more owlstalk readers 

No you don't 
You ASSUMED that

And you're completely 100% wrong
I don't need/want more readers - we're fine thank you very much

So try again but this time using facts and none of your incorrect assumptions

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No you don't 
You ASSUMED that

And you're completely 100% wrong
I don't need/want more readers - we're fine thank you very much

So try again but this time using facts and none of your incorrect assumptions

Ok. I humbly apologies for my assumptions. You clearly do not take a deliberately contrarian stance. 

The question still stands.

12 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

at this point what are the arguments you can give in his favour given the last 3 results and performances along with his overall record with us?

Do you honestly believe our best chance to pick up the 1.5 points per game we need to stay in this division is to continue down the path Monk has set?

Hi

I think you've got the whole thing confused/totally wrong here

When I said that people would be crying/moaning/whingeing about the next manager that Chansiri appoints that doesn't mean that Monk should keep his job

OBVS

Not sure why you misunderstood the point but happy to clear it up for you x

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Does the same thing apply to our fans?

So if we get absolutely battered by a team, or if we get relegated, and if a fan is seen smiling or laughing at their mates joke on the way out of the ground they should be banned for life?

I think we are all laughing at Wednesday right now. Gallows humour is all we have left mate. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi

When I said that people would be crying/moaning/whingeing about the next manager that Chansiri appoints that doesn't mean that Monk should keep his job

OBVS

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Not sure the kiss was necessary though.

Monkmanface

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi

OBVS

I think the point might be he doesn't trust Chansiri to appoint a good replacement??