Wednesday -V- Luton OMDT

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Monk talked about us getting to 0 points from our last 2 games. Instead we get 0 from 6 available. Pathetic. 

Can remember when Frances was here and we got to both cup finals. Came out in the press saying we're going to run both. Turned out well.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

One of the poorest performances for a long time. You wouldn’t have thought we where on minus points. No urgency, no fight, no quality. Disgraceful. 

We should be putting more effort in, playing like we are in a relegation battle.

We should’ve been doing this also towards the end of last season when we knew a points deduction was coming, but didn’t know which season it would be applied to.
I just don’t think Garry is capable of motivating the players sufficiently.

No positives from that.

Two home defeats in a week at home puts a different complexion on our start to the season. Both performances sub par, injuries could be given as mitigation but really we just didn't do the basics, no movement, tempo, out battled and deserved to lose.  

• Like 4

OK been in the give him time with his backroom staff and signings but now firmly i Monk out. On paper we have good players, some have joined knowing our situation, Flint, Patterson, Marriot we need a strong leader Monk is not that person. Lets act early and try and stay in this division. With Monk we are down.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Goal disallowed

We should have  had a penalty
Van AKen went whacko and groined a player and got sent off (they scored a minute later)

Managers can't do anything about that

Serious question, Neil - and I say this as a Monk loyalist up to now - what do you think should Chansiri do next? Tell Monk to sort out his tactics? Announce he's got til the end of the season regardless? Pull the trigger and bring in...who would come to S6 right now?

I want Monk to do well - but he isn't, and I'm simply not sure where the improvement in performance is going to come from.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Not watching the game but can you actually blame Monk for Van Aken putting his foot into someone? 

We wouldn’t have won that game if he’d have stayed on the pitch and were very lucky not to be 3 - 0 down.

Well - didn't see that coming, but perhaps that is just me being optimistic at 3pm.

We really are in dire straights. Monk and his staff need to sort this out pretty quickly.

We need to start imposing ourselves on teams, especially at home. My worry is Monk's instinct is to defend; sit back and try to hit teams on the break. It's not working and is too risky as we can't defend.

Worrying times ahead.