Wednesday -V- Luton OMDT

We are so poor. 
But we don’t get the rub of the green either. 
Nothing wrong with flints goal. He just outmuscled the other guy. 
Def penalty but why aren’t we surrounding the ref like they did to get V Aken sent off ? 
Typical of us. Too nice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Please don’t try and blame the referee for today’s result.  He made 2 terrible decisions, but Wednesday  were absolute tripe from start to finish.  Going down I’m afraid.

Poor performance agreed, however what where those decisions?

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

I'm not trying to defend his record, it's dire but who is going to replace him? Go on, you obviously have all the answers.

In all seriousness?

We're certainly down, so someone who's experienced in getting out of league 1 and actually knows how to organise and galvanize the team, can also use the rest of this season to set a marker down and arrest the decline.

Whoever that is, it certainly isn't Monk, who must be games away from having his managerial career truncated.

We're down, I already knew that. Yet all I can see Monk delivering is League 2 football. He's the worst of the worst, and I don't say that lightly as we've had some serious shockers.

5 minutes ago, swissmess said:

So its not Monk being crap then?

No. One win in 2020 but its everyone else's fault but  Monk.

Ref

Hutchinson 

Westwood

Foresteiri

Nuhiu

Carlos

Jos

Chansiri

Bullen

George Hirst

The weather

The pope

All their fault. Not Monk tho

/sarcasm (just in case 🙂 )

Edited by RockieOwl
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think that most of us knew that us failing to bring in a goal scorer would cost us this season. 

We haven’t brought in a proven scorer at the top of his game. We haven’t been willing / able to spend the money needed to sign a Toney or to keep a Fletcher but a fair question is, would any striker be able to regularly score goals in this team that creates so few chances, has no attacking pattern and lumps long hopeless balls for our strikers to chase? Marriott, Kachunga & Windass are not world beaters but their records suggest they are no mugs either. Even Rhodes has shown he can finish when opportunities are put in a plate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We haven’t brought in a proven scorer at the top of his game. We haven’t been willing / able to spend the money needed to sign a Toney or to keep a Fletcher but a fair question is, would any striker be able to regularly score goals in this team that creates so few chances, has no attacking pattern and lumps long hopeless balls for our strikers to chase? Marriott, Kachunga & Windass are not world beaters but their records suggest they are no mugs either. Even Rhodes has shown he can finish when opportunities are put in a plate. 

Like the one today from 6 inches?

Just now, RockieOwl said:

No. One win in 2020 but its everyone else's fault but  Monk.

Ref

Hutchinson 

Westwood

Foresteiri

Nuhiu

Carlos

Jos

Chansiri

Bullen

George Hirst

The weather

The pope

All their fault. Not Monk tho

X-Files

Only instead of the monster of the week, it's the excuse of the week.

Terrible conditions, terrible performance, terrible ref. Thought they could have scored 2 or 3. Think the Harris pen shout was decent, and think Marriot fouls for Flint goal being disallowed. Don’t think it was a red card, but seen them given. Be interesting to see the appeal outcome. 

What upsets me the most is the only player I see point into space and make a run for the ball was Borner, the slowest player in our squad. The best through ball from Van Aken. The best cross from Flint. What’s the point of our midfield? If it’s just to pass it back to the defenders let’s play midfielders that are defensive if they’re going to abdicate their attacking responsibilities. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Goal disallowed

We should have  had a penalty
Van AKen went whacko and groined a player and got sent off (they scored a minute later)

Managers can't do anything about that

What did he do about the first 70 minutes of tripe and the last 16 games at Hillsborough?

No way a penalty, disallowed goal was a daft foul by someone else and their keeper didn't go for it as whistle had gone, they had the best chances of the game.