Wednesday -V- Luton OMDT

Our midfield is the problem. Championship success comes from a strong spine and a physical midfield.,

Baz played 3 or 4 good passes early on then they stopped him and he was very poor at delivering set pieces again (and again and again...). Pelupessy is L2 standard at best. Reach offers nothing at all.

We play without any pressure or intensity...we don’t have fitness or commitment.

Its the 1st time I’ve been convinced that Monk isn’t good enough

4 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

That's one way of thinking but I think he was a proper manager and would set us up to be effective and motivate the current players.

After Eustace we had pretty poor players for the 1st Division. He was able to bring in some players but the majority were of no better standard relative to the league than we have now.

Yes, and I think the players Ron brought in were quality, and bar Palmer they weren't bank-breakers.

I mean, Sheridan, Roland and Palmer all went on to be part of the good times here.

Make no mistake, I'm not likening Ron to the likes of Monk.

Ye Gods.

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

No worries.  I edited because I meant who sold Joao obviously.  Your suggestion seemed to be that it was Monk, it wasn't.

I['d made no mention of anyone but Monks routine of dropping good players...probably all got lost in the mass of complaints about the result and performance.

Lets hope for God sake we improve eh ?

UTO

Guest Bulgaria
30 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Why? He’s just as much part of the problem as anyone else at the moment. If he’s just going to receive the ball and pass it back to defensive players, Joey proved he can do that perfectly well too. 

Where are the Bannan moments of magic? Where are his clever through balls? Where is Bannan darting into space and wanting the ball in attacking areas... if he’s just playing one-twos with our CB’s and Joey I’m also wondering WTF. 

Ok, yes you make a good point, maybe I was too high in praise for Bannan, but It was more in view of his performance today than anything else. Without him in the team we would have looked even worse.

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Ok, yes you make a good point, maybe I was too high in praise for Bannan, but It was more in view of his performance today than anything else. Without him in the team we would have looked even worse.

I’m not so sure. I don’t think he offered much today, nor did many many others mind but I don’t see how our creative genius gets praise from a game where we create so little. 

Guest Bulgaria
56 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

The best cross was from Flint. A 6’6” CB. The best through ball from JVA. The best sprint into space to revive the ball from Borner, our slowest player. 

Indeed, our best chance today came from a Flint cross and VA getting a decent header off it.