Team for Luton

19 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Guess what Pelupessy is a defensive midfielder aswell.

The best young cm we got by a mile just got taken off at ht, because he was being left behind at this level. And you want to put a worse one in. I don't get it. Had Waldack even been at the level of Pelupessy he would have been in or around the team more by now.

Exactly right.

I totally understand fans posting “X isn’t good enough“..... but if A,B and C are injured, and Y and Z aren’t upto it, X is your answer.

I can’t believe anyone could have watched the other night and still conclude that right now Hunt should start ahead of Joey.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

We should but we probably will stick to 3-5-2 as usual, and try and grind out a 1-0, which as been a big part of our home form troubles

We couldnt even grind out 1-0 in a 442 pre lockdown.

Lets be patient and positive about 352. Im a massive fan of 442 and 433, but I think given our personnel and limitations I think 352 is really promising for us.

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Guess what Pelupessy is a defensive midfielder aswell.

The best young cm we got by a mile just got taken off at ht, because he was being left behind at this level. And you want to put a worse one in. I don't get it. Had Waldack even been at the level of Pelupessy he would have been in or around the team more by now.

Hunt is a different type of midfielder he models himself on Bannan, shouldn’t be playing in the same Midfield as him. Waldock plays the same role as Luongo and yes he may not be ready for week

in Week out but he will Influence the game more than Pelupessy does 

• Like 1

Luongo is our most important player. We’ve not got a total like-for-like replacement but the closest is Pelupessy. At least he gets stuck in and has some defensive instincts. So think he hast to start for the tine being. 

I’d give a Windass a rest as he looked way off the pace on Wednesday. 

Rest of team depends on who is back fit, but something like:

Dawson

Iorfa/Palmer - Flint - Van Aken

Harris                                          Reach

Brown/FDB - Pelupessy - Bannan

Paterson     Marriott 

• Like 4

Don't see Rhodes starting personally.

Though if he is to play any part this season, I'd sooner he start than step from the bench where he has neither the pace nor physicality to trouble a tiring defence. 

Poaching is and always has been his game. Lurking. 

The chances of him coming good have dwindled to a little above zero.

From the bench....less than that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hunt is a different type of midfielder he models himself on Bannan, shouldn’t be playing in the same Midfield as him. Waldock plays the same role as Luongo and yes he may not be ready for week

in Week out but he will Influence the game more than Pelupessy does 

But surely if that was the case we would see him infront of Pelupessy by now.  Monk ain't scared to drop players and leave them out if they are not up to it is he. Clearly he must think Pelupessy is more up to it than Waldock is. And if Waldock plays the same role as Luongo does even more reason that Monk would have him in over Pelupessy, as Pelupessy can do the defensive side like Luongo can but can't build up the play like him.

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

But surely if that was the case we would see him infront of Pelupessy by now.  Monk ain't scared to drop players and leave them out if they are not up to it is he. Clearly he must think Pelupessy is more up to it than Waldock is. And if Waldock plays the same role as Luongo does even more reason that Monk would have him in over Pelupessy, as Pelupessy can do the defensive side like Luongo can but can't build up the play like him.

Whilst everything you say is true, since Pelupessy has been here every manager has had him in the matchday squad. Yet the majority of fans can see the lack of influence he has on a game. So your right they do see him as being more up to it that Waldock etc. But from my views of him as a player I honestly think its like playing with 10 men having Pelupessy in the side.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Though clearly Monk doesn’t always get the team selection right, but I have to agree, while Waldock is more of a ball winner than Hunt, I’m not sure he’s ready to be thrown into the fray against Luton. I would have liked to have had a look at Palmer in that role, but if it was a consideration, we would surely have tried it in one of the cup games. It has to be Joey for me, and he put in a decent performance the other night when he came on. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Luongo is our most important player. We’ve not got a total like-for-like replacement but the closest is Pelupessy. At least he gets stuck in and has some defensive instincts. So think he hast to start for the tine being. 

I’d give a Windass a rest as he looked way off the pace on Wednesday. 

Rest of team depends on who is back fit, but something like:

Dawson

Iorfa/Palmer - Flint - Van Aken

Harris                                          Reach

Brown/FDB - Pelupessy - Bannan

Paterson     Marriott 

Id be happy with that, I’d even consider giving Rhodes a shot against some of these theoretically more winnable games. I think Joey in front of a back three with Reach, Harris, Bannan and A.N. Other  in front of him offers plenty from both attacking and defensive options. 

Then you’ve got the wrecking ball that is Paterson paired with any of the others to mix in too. 

It’s not like we’re playing Brentford, Swansea and Bournemouth next three games!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Whilst everything you say is true, since Pelupessy has been here every manager has had him in the matchday squad. Yet the majority of fans can see the lack of influence he has on a game. So your right they do see him as being more up to it that Waldock etc. But from my views of him as a player I honestly think its like playing with 10 men having Pelupessy in the side.

Maybe professional managers and coaches know more about football than fans do?

• Thanks 1

Don’t get the criticism of Hunt at all. Whilst he wasn’t great the other night I thought we far more threatening in the first half when he and Windass were on the pitch , granted we looked very open at the back as well . In the second with Joey and FDB we huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring and neither did Brentford . Catch 22 I suppose. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson will stay in. One half rick won’t see him out.

Palmer likely to be preferred to Moses. The other two pick themselves.

Pelupessy and Bannan should play behind the more attacking midfielder. Brown if fit, or hopefully Windass if not.

Harris got his first assist since Raquel Welch wore a sabre-tooth tiger print mini-dress. Reach got the assist v QPR and nearly scored v Brentford cutting in off the left....PLEASE MONK START THESE TWO RIGHT AND LEFT FOREVER. DONT EVEN CONSIDER OPTIONS.

Paterson is a must. A goal and a pen in his last two games - no debate here.

Who to partner him? Wouldn’t go near Kachunga. If Brown plays I expect Windass or Marriot up top. I’d start Rhodes of course.

My wish:-

Dawson

Palmer  Flint  Van Aken
Harris Joey Windass Bannan Reach

Rhodes Paterson

Rhodes, Pelupessy, Van Aken... Gulp

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Dawson

Iorfa

Flint

Lees

Harris

Reach

Bannan

Brown

Penney

Marriot

Patterson

Lees and Iorfa not in the squad unfortunately 

Full Sheffield Wednesday squad to face Luton: Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Josh Render, Joost van Aken, Aden Flint, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Moses Odubajo, Kadeem Harris, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Matt Penney, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson and Jack Marriott.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Lees and Iorfa not in the squad unfortunately 

Full Sheffield Wednesday squad to face Luton: Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Josh Render, Joost van Aken, Aden Flint, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Moses Odubajo, Kadeem Harris, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Matt Penney, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson and Jack Marriott.

That’s really disappointing, looks like another makeshift back line with Flint holding things together.

Ironic, all the talk of getting a squad together who we can rely on to play 30 games a season and already they’re dropping like flies.