Team for Luton

Dawson will stay in. One half rick won’t see him out.

Palmer likely to be preferred to Moses. The other two pick themselves.

Pelupessy and Bannan should play behind the more attacking midfielder. Brown if fit, or hopefully Windass if not.

Harris got his first assist since Raquel Welch wore a sabre-tooth tiger print mini-dress. Reach got the assist v QPR and nearly scored v Brentford cutting in off the left....PLEASE MONK START THESE TWO RIGHT AND LEFT FOREVER. DONT EVEN CONSIDER OPTIONS.

Paterson is a must. A goal and a pen in his last two games - no debate here.

Who to partner him? Wouldn’t go near Kachunga. If Brown plays I expect Windass or Marriot up top. I’d start Rhodes of course.

My wish:-

Dawson

Palmer  Flint  Van Aken
Harris Joey Windass Bannan Reach

Rhodes Paterson

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, edwinowl said:

Not a chance he’ll start with JR. 

Marriott and Patterson up top for me. 
Its where does he play Windass that fascinates me. 

I think against a modest Luton side I’d love to see a positive line-up. Windass or Brown, with two strikers, plus Reach and Harris wide, is a very positive front 5. 

Harris and Reach work back tremendously. Can both run all day long and have terrific work-ethic.

Therefore, a defending 7 of Palmer, Flint, JVA, Harris, Joey and Bannan is a very strong group.

• Like 3

It's got be 4 at the back at home in my opinion. We got to have a go at them but still remain solid. Hopefully Iorfa and Brown are back. Luongo is a big miss.

I'd go 4-3-3 but we'll no doubt go 3-5-2, with mostly the same line up as mentioned in the OP. Apart from Iorfa instead of Palmer and Brown instead of Rhodes, with Paterson and Windass up top.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Pelupessy and Bannan should play behind the more attacking midfielder. Brown if fit, or hopefully Windass if not.

Harris got his first assist since Raquel Welch wore a sabre-tooth tiger print mini-dress. Reach got the assist v QPR and nearly scored v Brentford cutting in off the left....PLEASE MONK START THESE TWO RIGHT AND LEFT FOREVER. DONT EVEN CONSIDER OPTIONS.

Who to partner him? Wouldn’t go near Kachunga. If Brown plays I expect Windass or Marriot up top. I’d start Rhodes of course.

Dawson

Palmer  Flint  Van Aken

Rhodes Paterson

Rhodes??????? I might as well play with 10 men. 

51 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson

Palmer  Flint  Van Aken

Rhodes Paterson

I'd swap Rhodes for Marriot, possibly Dele for Joey but not much in that one, unless Brown is fit then he would come into the middle. 

If Lee's or Lorfa are fit one would replace palmer.

Ideally I'd prefer 4 at the back but that doesnt seem likely.

I'd go

Dawson

Iorfa Flint Van Aken

Harris                             Reach

Pelupessy Bannan

Brown

Widnass   Paterson

Palmer in for Harris if not fit.

Marriott in for Brown if not fit.

We have to become more consistent and settled in our formation and the way we play.

Without Luongo I expect this to be 3 at the back.

Players need to be given the chance to perform at their best by being played in a consistent position unless we are absolutely desperate.

Windass should be considered a striker, he didn’t do anything wherever he was playing Wednesday.

Tomorrow I would start Paterson and Marriott with Windass on the bench.

We have 4 possible wingbacks, play 2 , Harris and Reach tomorrow and don’t shoehorn any of the 4 elsewhere 

However I think Moses has done ok and really put the effort in so will be a bit unlucky to be left out.

It’s a tough ask playing wing back one game and centre back next against a top side. Especially when he used to play for them and they know his game so well.

Sounds like we might have enough fit centre backs so Flint, Van Aken and the fittest of Iorfa and Lees.

Midfield is a disaster area.

We have one consistent selection in Bannan and nobody else really.

Not good enough in a vital area of the team. I suppose the best we can hope for tomorrow is Joey,  Bannan and Brown.

To me that is too lightweight and the opposition know it and punish us for it.

You simply have to be physically up to it especially against the teams who base their game on physical presence.

We need to convert somebody into a defensive midfielder, out of Palmer, Iorfa or Moses 
I know it’s shoehorning but we need to try anything to strengthen that area or we will struggle.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson

Palmer  Flint  Van Aken

Rhodes Paterson

RHODES ????

Why man , just why 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson

Palmer  Flint  Van Aken

Rhodes Paterson

sorry but you lost me at Rhodes

• Like 1